Feb 03,2013
Feb 03,2013
Has to be the epitomy of Estate Agent sleaze. Why they have such a bad reputation.

Lies from day one. Competing offers from other buyers which suddenly vanished. Pretending he was giving me the \'heads up\'. I was constantly harassed - the buyer was angry, the buyer had health problems, it was all my fault, the vendor was the victim etc etc. She was going to take it off the market if I didn\'t hurry up. The property she was buying from the sale was from a friend and I was going to destroy their 20 year relationship! Total guilt trip put on me - I wasn\'t doing the transaction fast enough.

To begin with he wanted a £3000 deposit upon making an offer on the property. Unheard of practice. This deposit was only refundable if the mortgage failed due to the valuation being much lower. There was x number of stipulations. I refused. He then still took on the offer after having tried that little scam on.

During the harrasment until he got exchange of contracts - at one point I told him the mortgage company needed some extra proofs from us before they gave us 100% approval. When I told him we wouldn\'t be exchanging until that was concrete he turned this around (another guilt trip) and said "So you\'re not willing to bet that you\'re good enough for this mortgage then".

One of the rooms he claimed was specially air-conditioned and he would rush us out of it and insist we needed to close the door. Found out why this room was so \'special\'. There\'s massive damp in the whole property especially that room. Her special air-conditioner was actually a dehumidifier to remove the damp. We\'ve lost a fortune in money on what was already an overpriced home.

Yes, we should have done more to inspect the property but we felt pushed by the agent. Obviously this was all part of the ruse. He was well aware of the problems the property had.

My advice - do your homework and do not be harassed and bullied by such people.
There is nothing this agent could have done when he was out to be deceitful.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Capital Homes Office 1! To leave a new review of Capital Homes Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Capital Homes Office 1