Feb 03,2013
Feb 03,2013
I needed to rent in Southampton for a short time due to a move from the North East. I had no previous experience of renting as I was used to being a home owner. Initially Leaders were very helpful, arranging viewings at short notice and speedy at getting contracts drawn up.

However their property management service has been a disgrace. I was only given half the access keys for the apartment and a door code that didn\'t work in the evenings which caused me to be locked out of the apartment the first night I moved in. I had to stay with a friend who lives 5 miles away. No apology, only excuses such as we only gave the codes and keys we had. They person I dealt with didn\'t even seem embarrassed about the situation. The property is a fully managed one so one would assume this would have all been known, especially as the property has been, in their works \'on their books for a number of years\'. The only way I managed to get the correct keys and codes was from the site manager who assured me no changes had been made to these since the apartments were built.

Basic repairs that I was told would be done asap after moving in were not done for over 3 months after moving in as they claim they could not reach the Landlord. Again in a managed property they have the ability to do such work on behalf of the owner but were not willing to do this. Multiple court summons arrived addressed to the Landlord and no interest was shown in dealing with these. Debacles were had over water meter readings. I only found out the property had a water meter after two months when the local water board contacted me. I am quite frankly bemused that a company this established could be so completely disorganised. Money they did eventually agree to refund me for my inconveniences (not offered, something I suggested) has still not been paid to me, two months after agreeing to do so.

I have lost count of the amount of email and telephone conversations I have had with the team at this branch, wasting so much of my time over things that could have been avoided if they provided a better service. There has been only one person who had actually been helpful, the rest appear to simply not care or are outright dismissive. I would not rent a property with Leaders again and would actively discourage anyone from doing so. There are many more agents in the region to choose from. I genuinely cannot see how they could be any worse!
By: Sarah
Feb 05, 2013
Leaders gives very bad service and I will never deal with them again after I move out from this property. recently an electrician came to check the cooker that was heating less compared to before. He said everything was ok except the bulb in the oven needs to be replaced. I asked him if he was going to come back and he replied rudely to me that he wasn't going to come back just for that. He will come to replace the bulb whenever it suits him. I burnt my hand over the weekend due to no light in the oven. Clearly this is a health and safety issue. The man never came back and I have been sent an invoice of £60 to pay as the landlord says this is not down to him to pay even though the property is managed and let by Leaders. I was never sent a bill whenever things gone wrong at this property. I have refused to pay and I don't care if they tell me to move out...

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Leaders Southampton! To leave a new review of Leaders Southampton, please click the link below !
Write a review for Leaders Southampton