Feb 02,2013
Feb 02,2013
I was a tenant with Wensum properties in 2012 and early 2013. I had the following bad experiences -
1. When I booked the apartment I was told that one month\'s rent would be taken as deposit. This was also written in the advertisement of the property in websites. However, when I was about to sign the contract I was charged with one and half month\'s rent as advance. Since I was not having any option had to pay the amount.

2. The bedroom was not airtight and the window was in a terrible state. I moved in to the property in summer and did not face any major problem because of that. But I updated this in the inventory copy and requested the agent to look into this problem. They replaced the window after five months of constant requests. I had to spend two months in winter in severe cold. Since I was new to the country and unaware of the rules, did not take any step against the agent.

3. The apartment was registered as a shop with the electricity supplier and they were charging business rate for electricity which is higher than domestic rate. I changed the supply to domestic but it took two months. The agent did not compensate me for the extra electricity charge.

4. Agent deducted large sum of money from the deposit. Could not justify the reasons of deductions most of the cases.

So in summary I would say that it is a worst kind of a estate agent which is not able to provide any value for money. Service provided is very poor clubbed with unprofessional behavior.

I would not recommend this agent to any of my friends or colleagues.

Wensum Properties