Feb 02,2013
Chris Parry
Feb 02,2013
The agents were very efficient and pleasant in the initial stages of the process of initiating my tenancy in October 2011 and the property was/is lovely. I was going through a traumatic time and needed a small flat. A month after I had moved in a leak started coming through from the toilet of the tenant above me. I emailed the agents and a man was sent to look into it and announced he had fixed the problem. But I still had water coming through three areas of my bathroom ceiling and one of those was the bathroom light which no longer worked. I phoned and they told me it had been fixed and was probably just settling down. Why didn\'t I change the bulb myself! (Way too high and full of water!)

It was three weeks to a month before the agent/landlord actually came to see the problem and he announced that it was quite bad!. All in all I was without a bathroom light for 3 months over the Christmas period. It was finally fixed not long before I moved out. I had had enough.

The ceiling had to come down and a new one put in place and decorated etc. The workmen were not amused that the ceiling was only held up by the bathroom light globe, and that was full of water! Dreadful. It could have come down at any time.

I asked twice for a rent rebate because of this problem and even suggested I was thinking of taking them to the small claims court as I was appalled at their lack of interest. They hadn\'t even got me a temporary light. I had done that. My requests were totally ignored which is unprofessional for a start.

I would NEVER use them again. My family and friends were so angry and upset on my behalf. I just gave up, glad to be leaving.
They should have come to see the problem for themselves and thought of the problems I, their tenant, would be experiencing if they had the same problem. It was far too protracted and they didn\'t seem too interested to be honest.
Attached Files
By: Anon
Sep 17, 2013
Please report Whirlybird to Trading Standards. Without further complaints, trading standards will not investigate them. If they have enough people complain and provide evidence, then they will be able to look at stopping them from trading in such an appalling and inhumane manner.

Whirlybird Property