Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Mar 06,2010
Mar 06,2010
I am not really one to write a review unless it\'s a really good one - but I feel the need to do this as a warning to others.

I have been completely abused and misled by Remax. My property (a one bed flat in the centre of Dunfermline) has been on the market since June 2008. The first estate agent I was allocated, SP, came to my home to see me and talk through the contract etc. He was pleasant, sounded like he knew what he was talking about and said it would be on the website the very next day - a done deal! After trying to find out if there were any viewings (which there hadn\'t been) I didn\'t actually have any contact from him until Dec 08, when he told me that someone had put in an offer - great! I accepted there and then, thank goodness it was off my hands! But it was not to be - after a serious lack of communication, I was informed the buyer had \'vanished\' - they couldn\'t get in contact with them, nothing.

So back to square one. I regularly tried to call him, email him etc but never received a reply, the only reason I knew he was receiving the contact was because I was dropping the price, and noticed the change on the website - there was never a reply. After many more months of no contact I complained to the head office. I spoke with the PA, to the president who was really helpful, then received an email from Mary Percy to say that the whole matter was being looked into. On holiday, Aug 09, I received a call from a different agent, SD, to say SP had been asked to leave the company, due to many customer complaints and he\'d be taking over the sale of the flat. I met up with him at the property a week later and he was very honest and told me that it\'d be a good idea to redecorate - he then felt he could sell it once it was given a lick of paint (it had been on the market for over a year - with no one living there so it was needing it). Due to a lack of funding, I had to do it a little at a time, but by November 2009, the whole place was redecorated, with new flooring and carpets, new kitchen worktops etc. I called SD to let him know it was now ready to view, for him to tell me he was leaving - great!

So I was appointed a third agent, AC. From the very beginning, her communication was poor, and she was taking investors into the property, but coming back to me with
By: peter
Mar 28, 2012
whats brown and looks good on an estate agent, a Doberman
By: csloan
Oct 23, 2010
Gulifya - as per your comment, I believe you have never seen a Remax contract! In the contract (after reading this thoroughly time and again), it states that even if you were to leave Remax before the property is sold, and sell through another agent, you are still liable for paying them their set fee/percentage in contract.
This was confirmed by their head office and Citizens Advice upon reading the contract.

JoJo - I'm hoping that your second viewing did come to fruition and you have now sold your property, but what you say in your comment is exactly what happened to me. I'd call them to ask if there had been any interest, as I was getting a bit fed up and funnily enough, they'd have had someone in to view that day - I think not!! Shower of losers, and if I can stop anyone else using them I will. P.s. I heard an advert on Tay FM just yesterday for Remax saying how excellent they were, feel like phoning Tay and saying that's false advertising! All the best. C
By: JoJo
Sep 30, 2010
Interesting, my house is currently for sale by the Dunfermline/Dundee branch.

They have been totally useless. Never called me once. I have had three viewings in 6 weeks (if he is to be believed). They never called to let me know I had a viewing and also after viewings to give feedback. Their mobile is always on answering machine. I am going to change to another estate agent (especially after reading this). I gave ReMax 2 weeks notice this Tuesday and funnily enough I got a call that day saying they had someone interested in a second viewing. Now I think this is utter rubbish (was suspicious at the time). Think they are stalling for time. Wish I had read this review before signing up. Charging for nothing. There should be some come back for people given such a poor service
By: gulfiya
Jun 27, 2010
Probably your experience very bad, I really can understand how frustrated you feel about what all were happenning, but a lot of things in your story is not understandable, when smb told that they are going to list your property, it means you signed a listing agreement with them, Probably max you signed for 6 months after mthat anothr 3 months hold over provision, but then you are totally free from any obligation and you don't owe to Remax anything, Why did not you find some other sale rep or brokerage for marketing yuor property, in the present market everyone should work for the interest of the client. And were you client of the Remax or they kept you just as a customer, having no any obligations to you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of RE/MAX Scotland Dunfermline! To leave a new review of RE/MAX Scotland Dunfermline, please click the link below !
Write a review for RE/MAX Scotland Dunfermline