Jan 31,2013
Jan 31,2013
I rented with Martin and co for 3 years. During that time I had constant problems, including the landlady just turning up because I hadn\'t been informed that she was coming round. Having used 4 previous letting agents and had no problems and always received my full deposit back, I found Martin and Co to not care about the tenant only the landlord. I had a cat and was asked to pay an extra £200 pet deposit that was not included in the deposit scheme. There were no phone calls only letters telling you when they were coming round, despite repeated requests that all visits were to be accompanied due to the cat. Contacted me by e-mail without asking whether I used that e-mail address regularly - only given to them because they insisted on having an e-mail address - did not stipulate that they were going to use it to contact me on. Very happy to let themselves in and I am fairly convinced that someone did on a number of occasions as the cat refused to come in until I had been in and checked the place. When I left, they charged for a replacement outside light because the screw had rusted and £45 for filling in a "hole" (a picture hook was put up and left). Never responded to my letter about the charges. Found all the staff unfriendly and rude (one had only known me an hour and I was called "indecisive" because I couldn\'t choose between to flats within seconds of seeing the second). Was not given the changed emergency number - and was told that my emergency wasn\'t an emergency so I didn\'t need it! (Fencing had blown over onto a public path, making the path unusable). Would never use this letting agent again and it is a shame that tenants are tied by who has the property they are after. The most appalling service I have ever encountered. AVOID - I wish that I had done some checking on them before I used them.
Feb 08, 2013
the above review by caitlin is spot on,this agency is terrible for tennants,we were treated appalingly by them, sandra in the office was very rude and bob was very unhelpful.once they have their fee they are not interested.had to take landlord to court to get deposit back as they tried to with hold it for nothing. despicable agency, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 137! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 137, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 137