Jan 30,2013
Jan 30,2013
As an overseas landlord I would never recommend this company. They never reply to emails, put an additional mark up on invoices for repairs and pocket the difference, never do inspections on the property and feed you loads of bullshit.

From day one of the tenants moving in I experienced problem, firstly an incorrect meter reading of the utilities was taken and I ended up with a bill in the thousands, considering i was paying a DD each month whilst the house was empty I was alarmed, in the end I had to get someone I knew to go round to the property and take a correct reading as nobody in the office was competent.
The tenants were very good at breaking the appliances (every month something was broken) and although Tobin Jones had details of the cover on the appliance they used thier own contractors to fix it and charge an additional 10% mark up on invoice, this only came to light as I requested copies of the invoices and clearly written across them was the words 10% MARK UP. Tobin Jones advised me this was a typo error, how do you hand write a typo error?
Over the next few months I had great concerns Tobin Jones weren\'t carrying out inspection as per the management contract as my neighbours had informed me the outside of the house was a shit hole, Tobin Jones kept denying this and said the house was very neat and tidy both inside and out. I requested my daughter viewed the property on my behalf, this took over 3 months of constant nagging to get her in as Tobin Jones always found an excuse and OH BOY THEY NEEDED AN EXCUSE.
The house smelt of dog shit and piss, the carpets had never seen a hoover, dirty sanitary towels were all over the bathroom floor and one of the bedrooms, the mould in the house was unbelievable, damage to all the wooden floors, kitchen cupboards hanging off, belfast sink smashed, curtain poles ripped out the walls, 3 toilets were covered in piss, the list goes on and on. Tobin Jones informed me this is all wear and tear and has only just happened as it never looked like that on any inspections.
Tobin Jones are suppose to do video inventorys at the start of the tenancy, this apparently got damaged in archive and is irrecoverable, they also inform me that you can use the video in a dipute as it should have been place in a sealed envelope and notorised.
The deposit has now gone to dipute and apparently there is VIDEO EVIDENCE that the house was in that condition at the start of the tenancy (I BET A MILLION DOLLARS IT IS THE VIDEO TAKEN AT THE CHECK OUT), thank god I had picture myself at the start of the tenancy.
I paid Tobin Jones a few hundred pounds a month to manage my property and after 11 months I am left with bill totalling thousands and to top it off I have had a court action letter from EON as the final bills have not been paid and guess what YES once again Tobin Jones did not take the correct meter readings, thank god my daughter and the new agents have the same readings.
I have also filed a complaint to the property ombudsman in the hope to get my management fees back but my home is no longer a home and will take a while for all the damage to be rectified.
By: Tobin Jones
Sep 09, 2013
I Think you may have the wrong agent here? We do not make any charge for check out and there is no charge for registering the deposit. We are registered through and operate the TDS deposit scheme (who are not a free deposit scheme) but we pay the fee. Details of all our charges are listed on each set of property particulars. All tenancies are initially fixed term as with all letting agents. We are members of the ombudsman scheme and have an in house complaints proceedure as well so please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss any aspect of this in more detail or make a complaint through the normal chanels. T Jones.
By: sligogirl
Mar 19, 2013
I am not surprised to read this tale of woe about any agent in the Oxfordsire area. We are looking to rent a 2 bed property and just can not find a private landlord, we are at teh mercy of the agents, who do nothing for the cash they extort from both landlords and tenants. Being reluctant landlords as well as tenants in Oxfordshire for the last five years, I have a lot of empathy with this lady who has had her trust abused by these money grabbing , arrogant letting agents. We queried fees just yesterday for a 2 bed in Bicester, and they were never ending. The agent said if you don't like it you can lump it and we wont rent the house.
They insist we take a series of fixed tenancies so they can charge us renewal fees, there is a charge buried in the admin fee for registering the deposit, which is registered with one of the free services, there is a check out fee. You have to ask for the fees details, our holding deposit was taken, but no fees were declared.
Very clearly the housing minister needs to go much further and force transparency in all advertising, so we know what we are up against. We have no freedom of choice, simply sign here and give you r money over. Any other product or service has to conform to good practice, why not letting agents.
If this lady wants to rent her home privately, please reply.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1! To leave a new review of Tobin Jones Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tobin Jones Office 1