Sep 11,2012
Sep 11,2012
I rented a property from them for 2 years. When I moved in the property had just been refurbished and looked great. About 3 weeks later the property began showing signs of mould. I told the agents straight away and they said they\'d \'get onto it\'. After a visit to the property about 2 months later they have me a dehumidifier and told me to have it on constantly, offering no compensation for the amount of electricity it would use. This didn\'t get rid of the mould. About 1 year into my tenancy they installed a small vent in the bedroom wall. This helped temporarily but did not get rid of the mould. The built in wardrobe was unusable. The bedroom was so damp that the bottoms of my drawers fell through, all clothes an papers got damp. My bags and hats were ruined and I was offered no compensation in return. Nothing more was done about the living conditions of the flat, despite my regular emails and complaints. About 2 months before the end of my tenancy the damp had affected the bedroom and windows so severely that when it rained heavily water would stream in through various cracks. My laptop was broken due to it practically raining inside down one side of the room. When I asked for this to be paid for they said it should be down to contents insurance. They declined my request of a reduced rent price (asked for purely because the living standards of the property were definitely not to the standard they should be).
The service of this company is abysmal. The manager, Adam Reed, was always \'out of the office\' or \'on the phone\' and never called me back. The few times I did manage to speak with him he was extremely patronising. I was charged with a late fee for my keys despite not being aware or informed this would happen (they were 2 days late). When I said I had no idea about this he said "I shouldn\'t have to spoon feed you"... You should if you\'re trying to charge me £50 over it. When I argued against paying the fees Adam\'s exact reply to my argument was \'I disagree, therefore you will be paying the fee\'. In my opinion that\'s a highly unprofessional and unsupported answer.
Overall I feel these letting agents are useless and don\'t care at all for their tenants or the standard of their property after you\'ve signed that contract. I am now in my third rented property and have not experienced anything like this from either of the other agents. Terrible service.
Answered my calls, done something about the terrible black mould all over the walls, given compensation/reduced rent for the many possessions ruined, not been rude/patronising when dealing with me, sympathised with my problems rather than ignoring me and my many emails.
By: ceegee
Mar 13, 2013
so glad i found this comment i to live in one of their quick fix and over charged property's i have recently had a run in with Adam Reed myself this guy should be locked up in my view he made me feel threatened and i am worried that this guy has a key to my property as a woman living on my own i feel violated this guy is rude creepy and very obnoxious and in the case of the customer is always right sorry this guy intimidates you beyond belief people steer clear propertys are damp quick fix dangerous be warned

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Reed Residential Office 1! To leave a new review of Reed Residential Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Reed Residential Office 1