Sep 10,2012
Sep 10,2012
I was very disappointed by this Lettings agent who repeatedly wrote to me stating that the property is good throughput except for fair wear and tear and some damp that needed to be rectified. Their last email stated that the last tennants had left and that the flat was clean but when I visited the flat on the 27th of August 12 i noticed it was reasonably clean but I was shocked to find broken glass in the bathroom and passage due to a shattered bathroon shower screen; I also noticed that the tennant had turned off the ventilation / extractor unit in the bathroom which led to condensation in the flat and fungus build up on all windows. I had let the flat through Belviour from 2005 on a full management. I was disappointed to say the least and I would not recommend them unless the land lord checks the property themselves at least twice a year to make sure what they say is true
By: CraigJ
Jan 30, 2013
Belvoir always carry out thorough regular inspection of properties and a full inspection report is sent to the landlords on each and every inspection. Throughout the 7 years that the tenants rented this property they reported a fault with the way it had been constructed. Small wet patches appeared on the walls in every room which were not in any way similar to other damp we had seen in other properties in the past. The same issue was reported in several other of the flats in the same block which we also managed. The same issue was also in the hallway and communal areas. The problem was reported to the landlords on every 6 month inspection. Another landlord of one of the other flats we managed paid for damp experts to investigate and they found that it too was a fault with the way the building had been constructed and not down to condensation. At the final inspection when the tenants vacated, considering they had been there for 7 years, never missed a single rent payment and kept the property very clean and tidy the only thing found was the wet patches on the walls which we had confirmation from a damp expert were not caused by condensation. We informed the landlords and they were happy for the deposit to be returned to the tenants. Over the next few weeks we carried out around 6 or 7 viewings, all of which were put off by the damp. We therefore returned the keys to the landlords as we felt it was not going to let out until work was carried out. Around 4 weeks later when the landlords went to visit, they called us to say the shower door was not longer fitted and glass was everywhere. We honestly have no idea why this had broken but it certainly wasn't broken at our last visit and we even offered to give the persons number who had viewed so that the landlords could confirm with them. We consider ourselves to have done a fantastic job, the landlords never missed a single rent payment and the property was returned to them in a condition which was ready to be let out again other than the construction fault which could not be helped by either ourselves or the tenant.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Belvoir Newcastle-under-Lyme! To leave a new review of Belvoir Newcastle-under-Lyme, please click the link below !
Write a review for Belvoir Newcastle-under-Lyme