Jan 24,2013
Jan 24,2013
Central are the worst estate agent I have ever had to deal with. Since moving in had no end of problems with them. Whenever you need repairs, it takes ages to sort, they never keep you updated with progress. When you email them, they don\'t respond. Lost count the number of times I\'ve phoned to get an update and simply told sorry about the delay, been really hectic dealing with a tenant whose ceiling has collapsed. Awful company, stay away. I hope this company goes under.
By: Frustrated
Mar 27, 2015
I'm a buyer, but if I were a vendor I would not use them. Have left numerous messages with Jaz to push the sale along but my calls are never returned. Does not inspire any confidence in competence whatsoever.
By: Richard Maher
Apr 12, 2013

Thanks for taking the time and effort to respond and I really appreciate being given the opportunity to put this right.

I completely understand your frustration when it comes to repairs and would love to arrange a meeting at our office at your convenience to discuss the matter further.

The reputation of our company is extremely important to us and I will do whatever I can to rectify the situation and restore your faith in our service.

I can be emailed:richard@central-estates.co.uk or call me on 020 8520 0033

By: Disgruntled tenant
Apr 11, 2013
Hi Richard, just noticed your response. I apologise, wishing your company going under wasn't the nicest thing to say, but with regards to not having received any official complaints well I wrote a letter a few years back (shortly after moving in because of several problems within a short period of time), and received no response from Central. And recently, fed up with the service I asked Nadia for the manager's email, who she informed me was David Manning - I copied him into a number of correspondence regarding repairs and again no response, no apologies, nothing. My history with Central and getting repairs done is a long one. I would rather come in and have a chat with you regarding the issues we have had.

You say you have to wait for authorisation from the landlord before being able to proceed with work, and I understand that - that is my very issue with Central - Nadia never keeps us updated (even though I have repeatedly asked her to do so), we are always having to chase her up to find out what is happening - I have all my email correspondence, I can show you the headache we have had. The role of the managing agent is to keep tenants informed of progress - if our landlord is slow at responding, then we need to know that you're still waiting to hear from the landlord - not leave it over a week without hearing anything. Our landlord is repeatedly slow at agreeing to work it seems, in whic case, as managing agents you need to be telling him it is not on. Yes the landlord pays you, but at the end of the day as the middle men, you need to also ensure your tenants are happy too. It is not fair on us keeping us waiting on what is happening. P.S. Last week I finally had the lead roofing from the bay window replaced - 2 years after I reported it had been stolen.
By: Richard Maher
Feb 04, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our service, I have not recieved a complaint directly from you and ask you do so in writing so that I can look into the matter further for you.

We can only authorise repairs once we have the consent of the landlord and do our best to keep all parties updated whilst we do so. We understand of the frustration caused whilst authorisation is being obtained but this is needed before any work in undertaken.

To 'hope that our company goes under' is a very harsh comment and I ask for the opportunity to rectify any problems that you may have incurred.

Richard Maher

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow! To leave a new review of Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow, please click the link below !
Write a review for Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow) Walthamstow

Central Estate Agents (Walthamstow)

179 Hoe Street Walthamstow, London