This week we have been forced to move out of our rented property as the boiler has broken for the second time in a month and Belvoir took away the electric fan heaters we had been using. It is 7 degrees inside the property and absolutely inhabitable given the weather conditions.
Every time we have tried to speak with Jim the manager, he is out of the office or unavailable. As a result, we get passed to Carol. Carol phoned and couldn\'t understand why we were not living in the property even though that morning I had sent photographic evidence of the temperature and the email where it was confirmed that they had taken the heaters away. She then told me that I had previously explained that we could get hold of an electric heater from my parents, which we have. But we only have the one, and this is no way near sufficient enough to heat the property. Carol then, very rudely, told me that my "story changes every time she peaks to me anyway". I was shocked and disgusted to be spoken to in this way given that they have received awards for there customer service.
If they are not ignoring you, they\'re hanging up on you on the phone. We have sent numerous emails to them complaining and very seldom to we get a response.
They do send around an engineer, but he is not qualified to touch LPG gas systems- he has been to the property three times now, and obviously cannot do anything to fix the problem.
We have never been subjected to such rude, incompetent staff in our lives and even more frustratingly, they have an answer for everything and will not address the problems we are living with.
They keep insisting that it is the condensing pipe that has frozen, we have explained numerous times that this is not the case and had this confirmed by a plumber yesterday - we are now just waiting to see what their next move will be, not that they will communicate this to us.
On top of all this, we had a gas leak before Christmas and lost two bottles of gas. belvoir had neglected their duty to carry out a Gas Safety Check within the stipulated 12 month period. Should they have stuck to the contract, this situation could have been avoided as the leak would have been identified in good time.
We have got to the point where we have had no choice but to hand in our notice at the property as the stress and the upset has become too much to bear - we have been living like this since early December.
Never, ever use them.