Jan 21,2013
Jan 21,2013
Phoned the crawley office today as Housing Needs at Mid Sussex District Council gave me their number. I was looking for a potential landlord who would not discriminate that we are a one parent working family and offer us a tenancy based on our combined income and partial amount of housing benefit. All other letting agents say my partner does not earn enogh despite working for a finance company for years and were currently private tenants. We assumed Northwood would help. What I got was far from helpful. I got a patronising woman who basically told me to go out and get a job instead of claiming benefit and that I already had a roof over my head. We live in hassocks and want to move to Burgess Hill as thats where my daughters school is. The woman asked why I wanted to move there since it was only 3 miles away!! She said evev if they did have a house, lots of people view and almost always a landlord would go for a working couple! Sorry if I\'m a stay at home mum to my 2 year old son! Where we want to live and how we choose to live our lives is not for her or anyone else to comment. How dare she. I was given their number by housing needs! Why???? I will be lodging a full complaint to the council tomorrow. Disgusting attitude when all we asked for was a little help.
Not in the least bit helpful and very patronising.
By: 3840wendy
May 15, 2014
Obviously I cannot comment on the discussion as I was not party to the conversation but the matter has been taken in hand. Northwood, Crawley do deal with a lot of Housing Benefit tenants on a day to day basis and have not received any complaints. If we were unable to assist then I can only assume that this would have been due to the applicant not meeting criteria.
By: Helloitmemario
Feb 04, 2013
To be honest love, "Stay at home mum" may sound justifiable but the government doesnt give you benefits so you can stay at home and be a mum it gives you them to help you along while you find a job. What your trying to justify is actually unethical and what your saying is it is ok for you to sit on benefits because you have a 2 year old son, which is wrong. Your clearly stupid though so you wont truely understand what i just told you, youll just disagree.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Northwood Crawley! To leave a new review of Northwood Crawley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Northwood Crawley