Jan 21,2013
Jan 21,2013
Although it started well with the company, when I went to sign the tenancy agreement I was quite amazed by how many hidden extras they have - paying for the inventory, paying when your tenancy agreement runs out. These things should be pointed out before you actually go and sign on the dotted line, as it were. Although I cannot fault the speed with which they dealt with problems other than the one about the noisy neighbour which they seemed very reluctant to tackle, I was again amazed when on leaving they did the inventory and said that there was a mark where the dishwasher pipe had leaked or something along those lines. Bearing in mind that I hadn\'t used the dishwasher, that could hardly be laid at my door. In the end, the problem with the noisy neighbour caused me to leave after 3 months and so I have no long term experience of them, but I would certainly not recommend them and will never use them again.
By: Rob S
Aug 20, 2014
Has your policy on inventory fees changed? Whilst perhaps not hidden it wasn't made very clear at the start of the tenancy that we'd be charged £60 for a "check-out" fee, which I presume is an inventory fee! Also, £60 every 6 months as "renewal" fee which as far as I could see just involved you sending us some paper work, so hardly value for money when we were good long-term tenants! No problems with your business as far as managing the property was concerned, but I've never come across these fees before or since, as a tenant. I thought it was very unfair to pay for a landlords inventory in an unfurnished property. I'd never use Martin and Co again, even now as a landlord.
By: Mark Anderson
Jan 29, 2013
The only truth in this review is that we at Martin & Co react quickly when problems arise in our managed properties. We have no hidden charges. All our prospective tenants are advised of our charges before any money is handed over and well before any tenancy agreement is drawn up. We do not charge tenants for Inventories at all. We only ever use totally independent Inventory Clerks (at the Landlords expense).
If I have correctly identified who Alison is, this person works for one of our competitors - perhaps they have a dirty tricks department?
Mark Anderson Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 93! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 93, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 93