Jan 19,2013
Jan 19,2013
I have rented properties via lettings agents for many years. This is my first time with ACORN, and this has been my WORST experience ever. They have been very inefficient in dealing with a rental application- after promising a fast and efficient service (and happily taking £350 pounds, non-refundable , from me).

I\'ve been told by my handling agent that my application is NOT a priority as they have other tenants they need to move in ( even though we made the offer on the property THREE weeks ago). I complained that while they pushed me to bring forward my moving in date, they have still not confirmed if all references and credit checks have gone through. He said it\'s perfectly reasonable for me to only be given 4 days notice that my application has gone through before I know if I can or can\'t move. When I complained that I\'ve NEVER experienced such slow service from other lettings agents (who have always got back to me in 2-3 days to confirm references and credit checks have gone through), he repeatedly explained \'THIS IS HOW WE DO THINGS HERE\'.

When I stated that in that case they should make that clear to prospective tenants, he stated, \'WE CAN\'T GO THROUGH THAT WITH EACH AND EVERY TENANT\'

So, I have to wait until Monday to find out if my application has gone through, and they are telling me that if it does, I have to move in 4 days. He was unconcerned by he fact that ONLY after I receive confirmation can I redirect my bank statements, apply to an energy provider, move my sky, broadband etc. I asked if, given this delay, can I move my moving in date to the one I had originally suggested. He replied this is unlikely as that is the date the landlord wants us to move (although he will ask).

This is a sad turn of events- I had a very positive impression of the lettings agent when he showed us around properties, and I initially thought we were in good hands. However, now it just seems all they are after in the initial deposit- and then you\'re at their mercy.

My experience with ACORN after the application process commenced has been extremely disappointing. I only hope that their property management team are more responsive and helpful.
Jun 21, 2013
Acorn are by far the worst estate agency I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. |As a landlord I would advise both landlords and tenants to avoid having to deal with them at all costs. Their property management team is appauling, I have received the worst customer service levels I've ever encountered.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Acorn - New Homes Office 12! To leave a new review of Acorn - New Homes Office 12, please click the link below !
Write a review for Acorn - New Homes Office 12