Jan 19,2013
Jan 19,2013
I appraoched outlook in December of last year when I needed a two bedroom flat for me and my partner. Although they said they woudl call when new flats were added as they said they didn\'t have any at the moment, we noticed that as new ones were added to their site, they didn\'t actually call us. When we called up they then either said "oh that\'s gone" or made anotehr excuse. Do these properties actually exist?

When we called back in and spoke to them, all they offered were ones above our maximum budget. They had ones below because when I pressed we were told about them but it felt like (and this is my opinion) that they take your maximum and add £30 a week and keep pushing those.

I believe they earn commission based on selling price. If someone from the agency does respond to this review as I know they have their website connected, then please answer that question: "Do you have the commission connected to the selling price?" If you do not answer then I believe we all know the anwswer.

They should be selling to ensure people can afford and no "mis-selling" and making people get into greater debt by ignoring the maximum.

We went elsewhere and are now happily setlled.

I understand it may have just been the agent in question so I don\'t blame the whole o foutlook. But it was my experience and as it upset me I wanted to share it.
They should have treated me with more respect
By: Daniel Barbanel
Jan 30, 2013

our client is the landlord. They pay our fees. of course we have a duty of care to the tenant and under ARLA and OFT guidelines follow a code of conduct and act within a professional manner and working framework.

There is no benefit to us to "to get the tenants to pay the highest possible prices even if this stretches them beyond the budget they have given you". we are trying to find a tenant a property whilst ensuring the property is let to the best possible applicant for our client.

If we are aware that a landlord may accept a lower rent on a property thats being marketed for higher and we have been given the go-ahead to do that then why not offer to a tenant? Secondly, surely its dowwn to the individual to manage their own finances and determine what they can afford or stretch to? An example may be if a flat is on at £320pw but includes parking or council tax< would that not be worth offering to a tenant with a budget of £300 as normally they may pay on top for both of these?

as is said previously im happy to look into the situation for you as it happened and you can contact me directly however you havent taken me up on that and im not sure as to why.

I look forward to hearing from you.
By: Try Harder
Jan 27, 2013
Hello Daniel, Thank you for your response.

That's certainly very interesting the way you say that estate agents are "trying hard to achieve the highest possible rent for their client, the landlord."

Any there was me thnking that estate agents were "agents" of BOTH the parties. (???)

Clearly at your company you are one sided with the landlords then, and attempt to get the tenants to pay the highest possible prices even if this stretches them beyond the budget they have given you.

TIP: If a potential tenant walks in and says their maximum is £300 per week. Don't offer places for above £300. Otherwise you are not treating customers fairly and are not allowing them to be financially responsible.

I shall send some friends in over the next few weeks to test this out and report back here the results.
By: Daniel Barbanel
Jan 23, 2013

thank you for the feedback.

Happy to discuss this with you. My email is dbarbanel@outlookproperty.com.

I appreciate the points you have raised however it doesn't actually work like this. The negotiators do not get paid on the value of rent received so there s no benefit to them however of course=e they are woking to achieve the best rent possible for their client the landlord.

Please let me know whom you dealt with and i will look into it.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Outlook Property Docklands! To leave a new review of Outlook Property Docklands, please click the link below !
Write a review for Outlook Property Docklands