Jan 18,2013
Alexandra Breslin
Jan 18,2013
7 months pregnant and my partner lost his job. We are forced to move out of the flat early and in fact leave the country. We are not allowed to speak to our landlord about releasing us from the agreement with 2 months notice. The agents are totally indeferrent and we received inhumane treatment. We are blackmailed to sign extremely terrible additional terms for early termination and to be liable for up to £5K of fees and rent before they can even accept our 2 months perfectly sensible leaving notice. They refuse to speak to the landlord if we do not sign and to start reletting the property.
Misleading agreement in the first place, total lack clarity, lack of human touch, agents are brainless robots who keep repeiting their standard terms without making any attempt to help me in any way as they client, as a person and on top of everything as a pregnant woman.
I feel victimised and in the same time i feel like a criminal for wanting to resolve the situation reasonably and for wanting to speak to landlord.
Don\'t sign agreements with no early termination clause! Never expect sympathy, usefull advise or human tratment in this office. Be sure your best interest is their last priority

Andrews