Jan 18,2013
Jan 18,2013
Although Y & Y have been better than our previous managing agents (they were really terrible) they still fall short of the mark. In the last five years they have squeezed our situation (and indeed the conditions of our lease) to fit into their way of working rather than managing our flat in a way that is appropriate for our lease. As a result they have invoiced us for amounts we are not due to pay, failed to provide meaningful paperwork, and made many basic errors. We are all charged over £200 per annum for their services, but I have never really required them to do much work. So it doesn\'t sit well when the little work they do is a bit sloppy. Having said that their staff are always polite on the phone and they do seem to recruit intelligent managers who do try to help. The point is they seem to be lacking the tools or flexibility to do the job really well. I also think the work of the accounts department lacks attention to detail. We are tenants, they are probably very different in their dealings with our freeholder, even though it\'s us who pay for their services! However if they are making mistakes then some of the situations that arise will escalate to problems for freeholders. We get the impression they work on the assumption people are too busy to check the detail, so they don\'t provide it.
Been more efficient and taken the time to apply the conditions of our leases, rather than try to make us fit their standard way of working. Also they could supply better documents, they use a standard computer system but use it less efficiently than some other agents.
By: Cajun
Feb 15, 2014
Y & Y Management Ltd, particularly Joseph Gurvits, are well-known and notorious for their spurious dealings with leaseholders. Would suggest you review the Carlex and Leasehold Knowledge Partnership for further info (google the web site addresses). As a member of ARMA they have to abide by certain code so look at the ARMA website also and the complaints process. Furthermore you can look at the Lease Advisory Website for a list of leasehold tribunal decisions involving these people. Stay well clear of them!
By: paddy
Aug 30, 2013
Hi everyone. Chance and desperation brought me here. I'm a lease holder at Mandale House, Bailey Street, Sheffield ( anyone else at this address feel free to contact me at pmacca109@hotmail.com ) and Y&Y is the management company. The complaints are too many to list. Our fees are over £1200 a year, including ground rental etc. Some of these fees are quarterly yet Y&Y insist they're paid in advance. What if Y&Y were liquidated and I've paid over £1200 up front?? So I pay in instalments and have always done so. However, I recently received a threatening letter from their solicitors, Conway & Co, demanding payment of full fees even though 2 quarters still remain in this year. So I researched Y&Y on the net and to my shock discovered a story very similar to ours at Mandale House. It concerned 2 retirement homes where the roof was damaged. Y&Y explained how the roof was not covered by insurance etc etc and that lease holders were responsible for its repair. The exact same tale of woe occurred at Mandale. A 4 year old development where the roof began to leak!! Like the retirement homes, insurance would not cover repair costs. The surveyor fees were scandalous, over £7000 and the number of Y&Y add ons were too many to count. All this along with the fact that communal areas are disgusting, windows never cleaned etc etc. If anyone is a Mandale House lease holder and has a similar story please advise me of any action we can take or advice I may seek. Please
By: EB
Mar 03, 2013
Unfortunately, you are not the only one in this position. This company use everything from the lease to best advantage, they are truly professionals at what they do.

They have been managing my block of flats and our service charges are over £2k per flat. They never ever do the work they claims to be doing. We cannot prove this as the accounts are certified.

I've given up, the law does not seem to protect leaseholders.

Help someone, anyone please?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Y&Y Management Ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of Y&Y Management Ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Y&Y Management Ltd Office 1