Jan 16,2013
Jan 16,2013
Whilst friendly seeming and helpful on the phone, the visit to the property which I own, but my mother lives in was conducted appallingly.

After viewing the property, the agent persuaded my mother to sign a contract. She told her that she should sign a document which would enter her into a 16 week exclusive contract because I had told her I was happy to proceed. I said no such thing, and the document would have no legal standing as my mother is not the owner. As is sensible we had another estate agent visiting the next day to value the property and he was the one who discovered what had happened - ok so he had a vested interest, but I am still grafeful for him posting the cancellation slip for me.

Also, I was appalled to find that they would charge fees of £2500, whereas most estate agents would charge no more than £1500 for a property of this value and they would charge £162 for an EPC, whereas general advice is not to pay more than £75.

I also felt the valuation was over inflated, and whilst I\'d asked for advice on possible improvement measures, the answer I got was not of use.
More honesty - a reasonable valuation. Don\'t get people to dign contracts under false pretenses. Charge a reasonable amount.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Spicer McColl Office 20! To leave a new review of Spicer McColl Office 20, please click the link below !
Write a review for Spicer McColl Office 20