Jan 14,2013
Jan 14,2013
AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Enfield estate agency advertise cheap affordable properties to attract viewing BUT Its just a Gazumping after and that's what they do.

A 3 bed house for sale with the Asking Price of £169.950 (its not advertised as Guide Price or Tender or any kind of bidding).

I thought its good for my little family to turn it into a nice home and good space for children.

At first I offered £168K after my second viewing. The young lady named Bethany a trainee from Enfield called me after a while on the same day saying that she has another offer and I really need to go up to the asking price which I did and so she informed the vender.

After a short while Bethany called again saying the seller is happy but he would have to ask his family if its ok to go ahead with the sale??!!!. I started thinking ¢â‚¬Å“why would the seller has to ask his family when he got the price he wanted?????¢â‚¬Â there is something not right.

Later on the same day I fixed an appointment to see my bank and to go throught the mortgage process on the bases of £169.950 agreed price.

Bethany called after saying that I need to consider increasing my offer as there are more people interesting as she still viewing the house to more people even though I agreed to pay the asking price and so I added £2000 and she called again and I added more to make it £175,000 and finally she called again and I offered £185,000.00 and at the end she called me saying Im sorry we cant sell you the house as someone is paying cash.

I was disgusted with fact that how many people times is wasted and Why they didn't advertised the house as a tender?? Even if I was buying the house from Ebay I could see If Im the highest bidder! Its so unprofessional company and me and my family felt we have been played out as they played games with so many other people.

This Enfield estate in Bournemouth should really be monitored as I believe they are running some sort of scam.
By: Jonathon
Jan 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the way your offer was handled.

May I first offer my sympathy to you and your family following the rejection of your offer. I understand that it must be very frustrating when you are unsuccessful in your attempts to purchase a property you wish to buy.

Although you were made aware of the circumstances of the seller at the time of your offer I would like to re-iterate that the seller had recently lost her husband and was going to live in a residential care home. As this is an extremely delicate situation she had given us permission to deal with her grandson on her behalf. I must stress that any offer that we would receive on this house would need to be submitted via the seller’s grandson who would then refer to his grandmother and other members of the family.

Following the families agreement to market the property at £169,950 we began showing prospective buyers around from the 29th December 2013. This particular house was in need of moderinsation and offered somebody a real opportunity to add value. Not surprisingly we received a number of enquiries and you viewed the property on the 29th December 2012 along with three other buyers that day but you chose not to offer at this stage and arranged a second viewing four days later during which a number of other viewings had been arranged.

You submitted your offer to Bethany who is a senior member of staff and been with the company for a long time. You were immediately made aware at the time that other offers had already been received that day. Given the interest from other buyers your initial offer was rejected and you increased your offer to the asking price. I must stress that offering the asking price does not guarantee that your offer will be accepted and as a reputable estate agent we must not conceal or misrepresent other offers made on the property. As there were multiple parties interested in the house we acted fairly, and with courtesy, to all parties involved by giving everyone the opportunity to submit their best and final offer on the instruction of the seller. Unfortunately your offer was not the highest and the seller accepted a higher offer from a cash purchaser. I can also confirm that all of the other unsuccessful parties were satisfied that they were treated fairly.

You refer to the phrase ‘gazumping’ in your review which is a term used when someone has had their offer accepted then the seller accepts a higher offer. Your offer was never accepted by the seller and we had never instructed you to make an appointment with your bank.

If you have any further questions in relation to this matter please feel free to contact me directly as we would welcome the opportunity to help you find another suitable property.

Kindest Regards

Jonathon Thomas
Director for
Enfields Property Services

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Enfields Estate Agents Winton! To leave a new review of Enfields Estate Agents Winton, please click the link below !
Write a review for Enfields Estate Agents Winton