Jan 13,2013
Jan 13,2013
We tried to buy through Ellis but although it started out quite well it wasn\'t a good experience and we backed out. Although Khalid was helpful at first he put huge pressure on us to book and pay for a survey (which we did within days of making the offer) but once we had done so, it turned out he knew all along that the vendor had put the property on with a new agent (after we had had our offer accepted) and was actively marketing it - we were able to make an appointment to view the property we\'d offered on with the other agent, even after Ellis & Co had promised the vendor had told them it was no longer for sale. So we lost a lot of money. We pulled out of the purchase in the end as we didn\'t feel able to trust either the vendor or the agent to look after our best interests. When you challenge Khalid on unacceptable actions he has taken he tries to blame you and can be quite aggressive. I\'d avoid this agent.
Not unless you want to be seriously out of pocket!
By: Khalid Ghani
Jan 14, 2013
Dear Jane

I am very surprised to hear the comments you have left on this review site. As you know we have had various emails between us regarding this and at no point do I feel I had been aggressive or pressurised you to proceeding especially considering we have mainly been emailing each other. All the negotiations on the phone had been through your partner.

The reason you were asked to book a survey was to show your commitment to the purchase like any normal vendor/agent would expect. Problem occurred when you had cancelled your original survey, the vendor placed the property on with another agent as he felt you were no longer interested in the property. Before re-booking your survey you were fully aware of the other agent and you still went ahead so your comments are not completely correct. Furthermore once you received your survey results you withdrew from the sale due to poor quality work and potential of damp in the basement and therefore withdrew your offer. I have an email you sent me clearly outlining this so again to say you withdrew because you felt you could not trust me and you were being pressurised to proceed is incorrect.

In fact you also fail to mention your solicitor confirming to me that they had two contracts on two different properties and had to confirm with you before proceeding with the purchase which when I questioned what was going on you actually accused me of knowing you were buying somewhere else but had withdrawn. I actually asked your partner to withdraw from the sale if you were not serious in this property as I did not want to mess our vendor around and your partner advised me that you were going to purchase this property and advise your solicitor accordingly. This all happened ‘PRIOR’ to you rebooking the survey. So again, to say you had been pressurised and lost a lot of money is incorrect.

The property was clearly marked as sold subject to contract on all the leading portals including our own so to say we cannot be trusted is disappointing. As mentioned before I cannot be blamed for other agents actions especially the agent you were referring too. Your dissatisfaction should be towards the other agent knowingly marketing a property that is clearly under offer not ourselves.

In closing I disagree with the comments you have made especially taking into consideration your actions and the above facts and I feel that you are looking for a reason to recover the cost of an adverse survey and not having been given those costs you feel the need to discredit me and my company.

We have a complete complaints procedure which I am happy for you to address, please contact me for the details.

Kind Regards

Khalid A Ghani

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ellis & Co Finchley! To leave a new review of Ellis & Co Finchley, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ellis & Co Finchley