Jan 12,2013
Jan 12,2013
All very lovely and pleasant through obtaining our property and all the while we were paying them money- when we terminated our tenancy. got nasty about the deposit. Basically they use JK inventories who are clearly incompetent. We went to their office to discuss \'deposit deductions\' including chimney sweep which we accepted, 2 \'missing heaters\' which totally befuddled us because we knew we had left them in the property\'s shed. When we raised this and asked why the inventory clerk hadn\'t seen them we had 2 bulls**t excuses one being \'the inventory clerk doesn\'t look in the shed\' and more hilariously \'the shed isn\'t on the inventory\'. How ridiculous. Anyway the woman \'dealing\' with us said they would check with the new tenant and that would be fine. They also claimed for \'plaster damage\'. The property we rented was a very old cottage in frankly appalling condition. When we moved in we took photos of absolutely every little defect, including a lump of plaster missing from above the stairs.This is what they claimed for. We said we hadnt done that and had in fact photographed it upon moving in. We were then accused of taking the photograph having caused the damage ourselves. Apparently, writing this ion the inventory is the ONLY form of evidence they can accept- and we didnt do this. Seems a bit stupid that a photo taken less than an hour after getting the keys is less valid than an inventory we could keep for a week..coulda caused that damage any time in that 7 days and written it on the inventory, dont ya think?? Anyway the worst bit was when I received an email claiming "I have called the new tenant and double checked with the inventory clerk and unfortunately 2 oil heaters are missing from the property and they were listed on the inventory going in. We have no option other than to claim for these missing items, we will obtain a price and send this in writing to you." I knew this couldnt be true so I actually went to the property and spoke to the new tenant. She said the agency had called but left a voicemail and that the heaters were of course in the shed. I was totally stunned that they could claim they had already checked and made the issue look resolved I believe, in order to swindle more money out of us. This whole episode caused me so much stress because it was SO UNFAIR! We also improved the property great;ly by putting in a bathroom door which they obviously think isnt necessary in a rented property! The attitude of the staff member who \'dealt\' with all this was basically that we were liars which seems a bit hypocritical considering her later attempt to claim for items that had been noted missing because their inventory clerk couldnt be bothered to look in the shed! If they are that unobservant then how valid is their whole report??We were going to dispute the plaster damage claim but it came to about £20 so I\'d rather pay it and forget the whole thing, and its well worth it to never have to deal with these people again!I will never ever rent off them and actively recommend you don\'t either if you value your money!
Not attempted to keep more of my deposit than is due by essentially lying, accepting that their inventory clerk does a bad job. Behaved professionally when dealing with this matter rather than not even bothering to investigate themselves leaving me to do this to avoid unfair charges.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Stuart & Partners Office 1! To leave a new review of Stuart & Partners Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Stuart & Partners Office 1