Jan 11,2013
Jan 11,2013
Would never use these agent again. Went and placed an offer at full asking price (cash buyer) . Was told that I had to go and see their mortgage man prior to any offer being put forward to their client. I informed them my mortgage was already agreed and therefore I did not need to see their man. I was told again that without attending they would not be able to put my offer forward. I then asked my mortgage advisor to call them who was promently told the same - dont attend, don\'t get the offer put forward!

As my wife loved the property, I attended the meeting and was all but held down whilst this guy tried to sell me a mortgage (felt like time share situation). After saying over 5 times I was not interested he finally and very quickly looked at our proof of earning and bank statements and that was that! (at this time i knew no matter what we were never getting this house)

The next day abbotts called and told me that due to their being a lot of interest in the property they would need to call all the people who had previously viewed the house prior to the vendor accepting my full asking price offer. The next day I was called to say that the property had achieved an offer higher then mine (and the asking price). I immediately increased my offer and was told they would call me back. A few hours later they called and said I would need to make a "full and final offer" which I did (at over 40k over the asking price). I was called back and told I had been unsuccessful! Not that I smell a rat or anything here but I proceeded to ask for a copy of the offer notification and to my horror today I have received this with the wrong final offer figure quoted and the words "funds being verified" - well as the funds had been verified at their "verification or can i sell you a mortgage" meeting this is simply not true. Perhaps you need to do your mortgage through them to insure you get the house?????????????
By: fred
Apr 18, 2013
We went to Abbotts. Much the same game but I have other properties and mortgages so they did not try it on too hard. They have a game where if you are a professional landlord you can pay about £1,000 and then they never check you out for further mortgages. You become a club member! Only problem was that their mortgage fees are very high and obviously a high mark up on the lenders basic fee. My regular broker had a good laugh when she heard my tale. She got the business and we bought through another agent.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Abbotts Branch! To leave a new review of Abbotts Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Abbotts Branch