Jan 05,2013
Jan 05,2013
Andrew Louis currently let my apartment, I feel I must warn people for such a well established company with a large number of staff they make so many errors and are so difficult to contact.

I have found the quality of tenants from this agent has been overall extremely poor and I never had a tenancy run smoothly or end without damages or loss of rent.

Set up fee was £195 and monthly Management fee 12.5% of the rent, then there is basically a fee for everything else. They also charge 15% on top of all repairs which is sad as there monthly fee is not cheap.

I found they don\'t do inspections on occupied properties only inspect after a tenant leaves. Last year I had a situation were this was to late as by this point tenants had gone and damage was already done.

Overall I have felt like I have done nothing but chase this agent and bark instructions for them to follow.

For me it\'s a new year, new start and I have seen a word of improvements in the short time I have been with my new agent.

If quality tenants, customer service, regular rent and a person on the end of the phone when you need them is what you looking for from an letting agent I DO NOT recommend Andrew Louis.
By: Zoe Halford
Jan 24, 2013
As the recently appointed Head of Property Management I am extremly sorry to read this review and would like to reply on this site but would gladly offer a meeting to discuss these matters face to face.

Firstly I must point out that Andrew Louis will take full instructions from landlords on the 'type' of tenants required. It is our policy to ask this question and once we are given the restrictions we make a point of noting this for all staff members to view. If you had of said "no students", then all staff memebers would have been aware of this on our system and we would not have shown students. The other point to make is that you receive a notification within 24 hours of the tenants being found and their status. At this stage you have a second chance to request we give back the holding deposit and look for replacement tenants. You are liberty to do this and we would gladly accept your decison.

The fees that you have quoted are not applicable to all landlords and like all managing agents we negotiate our charges depending on circumstances. We do not always charge further commission on repairs.

As per the agency agreement that you signed, we are happy to inspect any of our managed properties. We ask for a written request which can be in the form of an email and this will be carried out within one week. Unlike a lot of our competitors, we provide a full photographic report.

As offered previously I am more than happy to meet with you and the same applies to "tomtom". We pride ourselves on offering a professional service. We have experienced staff to see the letting and management through from start to finish.

I wish you both the very best with the letting of your properties and welcome a further response.
By: tomtom
Jan 24, 2013
I understand how you are feeling, had all of the above issues with them and more! Despite nurmous warnings not to they put sudents into my well maintained city apartment only found this out when it was to late! In the end I had to cut my losses and had to take the property back of them and pay the remaining 6 months management fee not to mentioned the the money I had to put back into the apartment to get it back to its previous state! There customer service after they have signed you up is honestly the worst I have ever encounted in all my life in any situation.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Andrew Louis Office 1! To leave a new review of Andrew Louis Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Andrew Louis Office 1