Jan 03,2013
Jan 03,2013
This is hands down the worst letting agency I have ever dealt with. Nightmarish. The office appears to be in a complete state of chaos and instead of coordinating amongst themselves they expect their tenants to act as secretarial staff. They never, ever return phone calls when promised.

The flat was fairly grungy when I moved in, and I improved it a great deal, but they still absconded with a sizable portion of my deposit because of a streaked mirror that required \'professional cleaning\'--and I suspect the next tenant moved in to streaky mirrors. They do not deal with maintenance requests, unless you write them threatening to withhold rent. The one exception to this was the time they sent a plumber into the flat without my permission and he dismantled the toilet and left bits of it strewn around the bathroom--turns out they had gotten a call about a leaky toilet from someone else on the street, and gave him my address and keys!
Cairn\'s business model seems to be to get the tenant to do all the work for them--and yell at tenants who ask them to, for example, share information amongst themselves instead of having three people phone with the exact same question. The only way I could consider using this agency again would be a complete change of ownership and staff.
Attached Files