Dec 31,2012
Billy Rowe
Dec 31,2012
After having dealt with some snake-oil salesmen at other agencies, I really wanted to believe that Aston Rowe was different, but ended up being let down.

My measure of a good real estate agent is, can they make you, as either the seller or the buyer, feel like you\'re the more important person in the transaction? On this point, after we agreed to the sale, we were sorely let down. It became clear that it was all about the seller and we felt pressured into settling early after it took the seller weeks and weeks and weeks to come back to us with basic queries and negotiations on price.

My guess is that Aston Rowe were under pressure from the vendor, but that\'s not our problem. We would really have preferred better and speedier negotiations with the vendor.

To give a final insult, the agency was closed for renovations when we turned up to collect the keys - not what you want when you\'ve spent months riding the wave that is buying, selling and actually moving. It would have been appreciated if we\'d actually been told the new location of the temporary office.

I come from abroad where commission for estate agents is around 4% - as a result, you\'re treated like a king, because you\'re paying them so much. Maybe my expectations were therefore too high in the UK, but I still stand by my basic rule, that both parties should feel they\'re being treated in the best possible way.
Negotiated faster with the vendor. Not appear to cave when the vendor became demanding over the time frame.
Attached Files