Dec 29,2012
Dec 29,2012
A very poor company to deal with from start to finish. The problems were there from the outset: intimidating phone calls to relatives who had offered to act as guarantors and the carelessness in which their staff left my parents\' personal details lying around in the office all the way through to the end when, after my tenancy was finished, a member of staff was extremely rude to me in the office.

I nearly forgot to mention the assurances and general half truths we experienced too. "We\'ll get the property professionally cleaned for you" - it was a cesspit. The landlord and agents should have had this sorted beforehand. My landlord apologised but conveniently no-one bothered to reply when I emailed my frustration about this to the agents.

Even when the tenancy was drawing to a close the agents never turned up on time with viewings and rarely phoned (I ended up giving them a spare key). The last time one of their agents was in the property showing someone around, I arrived back from holiday to find all the lights in the flat on. Just another example of not giving a damn about existing tenants but only too quick to get the next contract signed.

I would not recommend this agency.
By: Alex Nunzi
Jan 14, 2013
Dear Kenny, hope you are well.

Sorry it has taken awhile to get back to you, As I did not hear back from you I had to painstakingly call all landlords who own properties in SE23 to ascertain the property you were referring to and then speak to the member of staff who spoke to you also.

When your contract ended we asked you to return the keys to us (as stated in your contract) and you only returned one set and you forgot to include the chubb keys for the property. We asked you to contact your house mate for her keys and you said you had no way of contacting her. We called her and left numerous messages and heard nothing.As per your tenancy agreement all keys should be returned on the last date of your tenancy and this was not done. We pulled the file out of the locked cabinets to contact your house mates guarantor, this is why when you came into our office your file was on my colleagues desk. The only details on our files are the tenants names and property address. To say your parents details were left lying around our office is completely untrue. We were trying to obtain all of the keys back to ensure you were not charged the extra days rent whilst you were still holding the keys.The landlords wanted to change the locks and bill you for this and also the days until keys were returned as it was already one and a half weeks since you had moved out.I hope you can see that we were actually trying to prevent this. My colleague was not rude to you when you came in, but merely explained the severity of the situation. I presume you were not happy with what she advised but you were in breach of your contract for not returning keys. When contacting the guarantor we were merely explaining the situation too.

With regards to the cleanliness of the property when you moved in your requirements were
a) Whole flat cleaned
b) Furnished as is.

You signed to this, as did my negotiator and there was no mention of "Professionally cleaned".
As we do not manage the property we do not check before tenants move in. We do however ask the landlords to sign our requirement form also (Which they did).For a landlord not to complete the requirements is unheard of. I can only deeply apologies that the cleanliness was not up to standard and you were not happy with the condition when you moved in. We did receive your email when you moved in regarding the cleanliness and we contacted the landlords and asked them to rectify the problem asap.
Regarding the viewings, yes you did lend us a spare set of keys (Thank you). However, this is because you cut a further set and we found this out when you moved out (This too is a breach of contract). I have spoken to the whole office and to one can recollect leaving lights on.We always call tenants and give notice. However, obviously I can not say 100% on one occasion we did not contact both you or Lucy,so I would again like to send my apologises.

kind regards ,

Alex Nunzi.
By: Alex Nunzi
Jan 08, 2013
Hi Kenny, I would also like to say sorry that you have reason to complain too. Please either provide me of the street name or email me on alex@blackkatz.com or call me on 0207 378 0700 so I can look into the matter urgently.

Kind regards,
Alex.
By: Andrew
Jan 02, 2013
Kenny,
I am sorry that you have had reason to complain. We work very hard at customer service which is why we get so many positive reviews. Can you please provide the property address of the flat you rented and I will ask Alex, the joint franchisee responible for that office, to look into matters urgently and come back to you.
Again my apologies.
Regards,
ANDREW BLACK

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Black Katz London Bridge! To leave a new review of Black Katz London Bridge, please click the link below !
Write a review for Black Katz London Bridge