Black Katz West Hapstead - Avoid a huge headache! Terrible to deal with:
1. Initally friendly and told us the landlord would accept a low offer - to get us to buy in with the admin fee etc. After we waited for weeks, trying to get confirmation, the price went up. They never called back when they said they would. We had to chase up the whole time.
2. Gave wrong information about the condition of the flat after we asked them to confirm. There is a large leak (damp patch) which we were told was old and would be covered over / painted. The leak wasn\'t old and wasn\'t fixed.
3. Total inflexibility on the tenancy contract terms even though some terms are considered unfair to tenants by the Office of Fair Trading (we checked by emailing the OFT..). Black Katz unprofessionally offered their \'legal advice\' i.e. "the terms sound harsh but are fine and fair - don\'t worry..". The secretary sent a rude email when we asked for things to be clarified or changed. She didn\'t know why the terms couldn\'t be changed, just that they couldn\'t. The manager was patronising and defensive but reading through the lines - it would cost them too much to change.
4. Complete lack of communication between each other - we bought ex tenants furniture, through Black Katz, only to then find these items included in the 3rd paty Inventory List organised by Black Katz. It was our responsibility to them arrange for it to be fixed yet the company doing the Inventory had to refer back to Black Katz who just sat on it for weeks before we chased them up again.
5. The flat was dirty when we moved in, we had to get it professionally cleaned to get it to a half decent state. We are tidy but not clean freaks.
6. Black Katz continued to advertise the flat throughout the whole process. Most agencies assign the flat as \'Under Offer\' and then \'Let Confirmed\' after signing the contract. Not Black Katz. The \'For Let\' sign remains outside our front door and it\'s a month after we have moved in. Which is just annoying after all the over crap.