Feb 02,2010
By: 'SA'
Feb 02,2010
I have just moved out of a rental accommodation that was fully managed by Atlantis and would strongly recommend everyone NOT to go for any house / apt where Atlantis are related in any way. These are the worst estate agents I have seen since I started living in rental places. I stayed in this house in Reading for more than a year and since the moment they got the agreement signed from me, I was there in open to fight out for everything in the apt. First they did not gave me additional set of keys (they did kept one set themselves which they call \'management\' keys), they did not give me keys to letterbox and it took about 2 weeks to sort that issues out, that too after I escalated and shouted at them for 4-5 times. Ok so this was just the beginning!

In the second week, my car was clamped in my own parking. I came to know that I actually needed to display a parking permit on my car which off course Atlantis were not aware of. So, I had to pay to get the clamp off, then fight with Atlantis to get a new permit and then claim that money back. Huh. Ok so the first month went like this.

I thought things have settled now and no more issues will be faced (I didn\'t had any monitory loss till this time, I was so wrong...) and another month passed. Believe me, from 3rd month until I left the house, some or the other appliance was always broken in the house. These people will take about 1-2 weeks to arrange for plumber/electrician/heat engineer\'s first visit and then that person will report something and it will take 2-3 weeks to get an agreement from the owner to get the expenses approved in advance and then 4-5 weeks to get the part ordered from some \'special\' shop where they have cut and then it will be installed only to break again in 2 months time.

Here are the statistics for lead timings - Washing machine: 2 months, shower - 3 weeks, boiler: 1 month, 1 month and then 1.5 month (yes believe me), toilet flush - 3 weeks, washing machine again - 3 months (finally got a new one).

A funny incident happened when a new plumber was sent to our house to fix the boiler and he recommended completely changing the pipes (he was a plumber remember!) all throughout the building as he thought there was calc in the pipeline preventing heating! and if that doesn\'t work then change the boiler!! This new guy told us that Atlantis have advised him not to recommend any fix as far as possible and to always suggest replacement of parts so they could make money there. When the owner sent his own boiler man after a week, he fixed an element in 5 min and things were back to normal.

To add more, something they would not repair! Like any leak in taps etc. They say its your problem to fix it.

Did it all finish here? Off course not! After a year, my car got clamped again. Some other agency who maintained the parking of the building (Atlantis were as usual not aware of this) changed the clamping agencies and sent new parking permits to owners or estate agents. So obviously it reached Atlantis and was not sent to us in time. This time though I had to pay
By: AG
Feb 15, 2010
We just moved out of an Atlantis property and had many similar problems to you (review soon!). You might be interested to know that we contested their proposed deposit reduction through the tenancy deposit dispute service (http://www.thedisputeservice.co.uk/) and eventually only paid about 1/4 of their proposed amount.

Atlantis Property