Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Dec 20,2012
Dec 20,2012
I rented a flat from Alba Residental for 14 months. In those 14 months, the toilet flooded 3 times. Rather than replacing the shredder system they kept sending out plumbers who kept saying that there was nothing they could do to prevent any future blockages.

When I moved in the flat was disgusting and nothing had been cleaned. Alba sent two cleaners who surface cleaned the flat. I ended up cleaning the entire flat myself after that.

When I moved out, I left the place spotless. Alba came up with a massive list of items which they considered needed cleaning or replacement. The thing which outraged me most is the fact that they charged me £80 to replace a cracked freezer drawer (surely this is part of wear and tear, especially because the drawer wasn\'t actually broken, it had a minor crack in the handle, which still worked perfectly fine).

The other thing they charged me for is "dusting the bed frame." This is ridiculous because I had hoovered AND dusted AND mopped the entire house.

They also claimed that I had caused moulding in the bathroom, which was unventilated and did not have a window to air the place. Due to the fact that it is a closed bathroom, it is hard for water to evaporate. I used to leave the door open after having had a shower but minor moulding and minor stains appeared on the white rubbery bits between the bath and the wall. There is absolutely nothing I could do against this because there was no way for me to ventilate the bathroom properly. These stains are part of wear and tear and from time to time, the bathroom sealant just needs to be replaced. They charged me for this as well.

There are plenty of other things which I was charged for, in addition to which Alba refuses to refund me the agency fees which they have unlawfully charged me (according to this website:

I would recommend to everyone to stay away from Alba as they took 25% of my deposit when I moved out. My friend had a similar experience with them when he moved out and did not receive any of his deposit back. I should have listened to his advice when I was moving flat because he told me to NEVER get involved with Alba.
They could have not charged me for wear and tear. Also, they should have given me back the ‚£96 I was charged in \"agency fees.\"
By: KJ
Feb 18, 2013
Hi Mark,

I have had extensive correspondence on this matter with Callum McGregor who, in his last e-mail on the deposit return told me (this is a direct quote): "Your emails so far have been immature and not very helpful." I have lost all hope of getting the money that was taken from me back. I am now in the process of reclaiming the agency fees you charged me. Callum has not responded to any of my e-mails over the past couple of months so I am doubtful I will get anything back without having to go to the small claims court.
By: Mark Hastie
Jan 23, 2013
Very interesting reading - thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you've had a less than perfect tenancy with us. I would like the opportunity to look into all of this for you, however I will need you to email me with your name and address, otherwise I will be unable to help you. We do give you cleaning guidelines 2 months before moving out, which we ask you to follow to the letter, or advise us in advance if there is any reason you cannot, so that we can give you back your full deposit. If you felt we charged you unfairly, you need to get in touch with me so that we can look into. I await your email. Kind regards, Mark.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Alba Residential Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Alba Residential Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Alba Residential Edinburgh