Feb 03,2010
Feb 03,2010
I must admit i didn\'t finish buying a property through Haart at Bracknell...because it\'s almost as if they didn\'t want me to buy from them as agents!

My Partner and I were initially extrememly happy with Haart, we went into the branch, someone (who I won\'t name) sat down with us and immediately pulled out a handful of attractive properties within our price range and a handful that were a few pounds worth of saving away. He took our details, arranged a number of viewings and we thought we\'d found the property for us!

We put in an offer, had it accepted and we were well on our way until we found that the lease was soon to expire (or at least would not have enough years for anyone else to get a mortgage on it, presenting us with an issue come re-sale) so we withdrew our offer.

We soon after received a call from our agent asking what the issue was, and after stating that the Lease was too short and too expensive to extend he insisted it wasn\'t and started getting pushy as if he though that we would just fork out the cash to extend the lease?! We withdrew our offer and said that we would like to continue to keep looking with Haart as they\'d been very good so far.

I never got any more phone calls, no more emails with properties and each time I asked for a call back from our agent it fell on Deaf Ears. I\'ve given up on them. Friendly at first then just ignored on a number of occasions!

We bought with Duncan Yeardley Bracknell in the end, was by far the best estate agent out of the 8 or so we spoke to and dealt with.
By: pigeonworrier
Jun 03, 2010
Using Fabio's analogy...you go to Asda to buy some beans. You see a tin you like, and it's price 50p so you take it to the till, but at the checkout it rings up as
By: Bill
Apr 21, 2010
To Fabio Capello above. I think you've missed the point of Mike's issue with Haart. Better read it again, He wasn't suggesting that had the lease been ok they'd have been the best agents in the world. As I understand it, the issue was with the fact that once it was pointed out to them that the lease was too short to get a mortgage (something the agents should have pointed out to him!) they tried to tell him it didn't matter and that he should proceed anyway. When he didn't proceed with that property but requested more properties through Haart they simply ignored him.
By: Customer Relations Manager
Feb 09, 2010
Hi Mike.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with haart of Bracknell. If you would like me to investigate this in more detail please email me directly at melanie.smith@spicerhaart.co.uk.
By: Fabio Capello
Feb 08, 2010
So Mike, in effect what you're saying is that had the lease been healthier then haart would've been the best estate agents on the planet and vice versa had you attempted to buy a property with a problematic lease from Duncan Yeardley prior to that, dear old Duncan's name would be mud today? My point is lease lengths are not indicative of service received but of the quality of the property. However you seem to suggest the agent is to blame. So if I buy a tin of beans from Morrisons and they are of unacceptable quality I really ought to not go anywhere near Heinz as it is Morrisons fault by your measure! If I buy a Toyota Prius and the accelerator causes me to crash then I blame the garage do I? Or do I blame Toyota? See my point old Mikey boy? John Terry has erred, do we blame Terry or do we blame the mistress? Mike old chap, before you actually start slinging the mud please check the direction it should be thrown in first.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Haart Office 6! To leave a new review of Haart Office 6, please click the link below !
Write a review for Haart Office 6