Dec 20,2012
Dec 20,2012
This is the worst letting agent it has even been my misfortune to have encountered. Their only goals appear to be making money and making people\'s lives a complete misery. The agent I originally dealt with hounded me with phone calls at any time of the day or night, to the point I felt bullied by him, yet he miraculously disappeared off the face of the earth when I needed to speak with him about the (many) problems with the property once I had signed the agreement, as he never once returned or took my calls - a skill he clearly learned from his manager.
The maintenance department is a joke. Despite daily calls, I was left without hot water in one bathroom for four weeks, without light in another bathroom for three weeks; with no working boiler for two weeks, with a leaking roof for three weeks, without light in the kitchen... oh the list is ENDLESS. When the contractors came, they were fantastic and did everything they could under the constraints put on them by Townends maintenance.
At the end of the tenancy, despite the check-out report stating there were no issues, and that the house was cleaned to professional standards (and far better than on the check-IN report!), Townends STILL managed to delay paying back the deposit despite having another tenant in the property. The only positive thing about my experience with Townends is that I lost 4 kilos due to the stress they put me through. A dreadful company, avoid them at all costs!
By: Townends Estate Agents
Dec 21, 2012
I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate matters for you with a view to resolving your concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information such as your name and the address of the property that I require, therefore please feel free to contact me personally by email on

Kind Regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Guildford Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Guildford Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Guildford Branch