1. When we viewed the property the Estate agent turned up at the wrong property and the lady who owned the house had no idea we were there to view the house. The second person to view the property turned up ten minutes after us and the lady who owned the house had no idea about them either. NOT A GOOD START!
2. We decided the the property was nice enough to rent, based on the 15 minute viewing we had, during this viewing we were told the property was very quiet, however this turned out to be a lie and there is a bus that runs from 6AM right outside the front of the house and this caused the whole house to shake, the noise from the traffic is unbearable most days, to say we live in a small village, the noise is worse than when I live in London! Miss selling to say the least!
3. Once we had made the mistake of signing the contract and moving in we only noticed the horrendous noise levels, which we complained about and Fran McCarthy suggested we should have noticed the noise levels during the 15 minute viewing, like you can tell during such a short time span???
4. The first payment was due to leave my account by standing order, this was arranged the Hunters Estate agent and the relevant form was completed and signed whilst I was in their office... And at the hands of the agent to post off. We then receive a call say the payment has not come out my account and they presumed we had made the mistake, which is insane because they were the people who had set this up with my bank details. They then threaten us with a £20 charge in the event this happens again. At this point I could not believe what we had signed up with.
5. We were assured that the leaking taps would be replaced around the time we moved in and now after making a complaint about this, no-one has come round to repair the taps and we are on a water meter, so obviously we will be billed for the extra water usage and it has been over a week ago since we first made contact about this urgent matter.
6. I forgot to add the online forms they make you fill out are horrendous and even the bloke I dealt with said "Yes everyone says these forms are the worst they have ever used".
If you have any sense avoid these people like the plague, its just another UK company who cares more about taking the money and delivering no customer service when it matter. AVOID!!