Dec 19,2012
Dec 19,2012
Agent turned up. I was told that the fee for the to market and sell my house would be £3,000 plus vat. I nearly fell through the floor. When I objected and told the agent that other companies are charging less than half of that fee, he immediately dropped the fee down to £1,400. That should have rang alarm bells in my head. He never measured any of the rooms and the photos that were taken were of low quality with a small pocket camera. When I saw the results, I offered to take new photos with professional Nikon DSLR which I use in my job. I did this, but was told they couldn\'t upload the photos, for the life of me I don\'t know why!!!

They never measured any rooms. It took over a week to put a sign up. In the nine months it was marketed by Entwistles, I got a couple of viewings. The last viewing was couple who wanted the house. When they put in their final offer, the woman wanted to visit the house once more. When she turned up she told me that she had been told there were better houses in the same price range. Since when is it right and proper for an agent to encourage a potential buyer to look at a different house when they have set their heart on one and risk the seller loosing a sale, particularly when it is the seller who is providing the income and not the buyer?? Does this have anything to do with pressure being put on sales teams from H.O. due to the fact that E & G are a corporate company? Apparently, the couple have since broke up and are no longer buying!!! I admit to causing the buyer a little inconvenience due to a looming hospital operation, but that was sorted out with a goodwill gesture of paying their legal fees. Things started moving and went as far as the valuer coming out and being satisfied with the property.

Maybe if I had agreed to pay the commision / sales fee of £3,000, my terrace house would have sold.

I have since put the house with another agent. The photos are of a very high standard as is the presentation. In addition, each room was measured and best of all, in less than a week I had three viewings arranged and at this time of the year, that is very impressive indeed!! Of course, the added bonus was the fact that their fee is under £1,300 plus vat.

Overall, very, very disappointed with E & G, but it is my own fault, I was warned!
see above

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Entwistle Green Branch! To leave a new review of Entwistle Green Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Entwistle Green Branch