Dec 19,2012
Dec 19,2012
I went to view the above property on 30th November. I quite liked the property and the next day , 1st December,Katie from Accord phoned me and suggested I reserve the property while I made up my mind as they had lots of viewings and it would go quickly. I was told that I had to pay £537.50 by debit or credit card over the phone and that I should phone on Monday 3rd and let them know either way. If I decided not to go ahead my money would be refunded immediately. I paid the sum and over the weekend drove by the property but could see that parking would be an issue so I phoned on Monday 3rd to say I wasn\'t going to take it. Katie said it would take two or three working days for the refund to reach my account.. Why with a debit card I don\'t know. On Friday on 7th Dec I rang Accord to say my money had not arrived in my account and was told that they could no longer pay back into cards and that a cheque would be issued. I suggested I call by the office and pick up the cheque but was told that wasn\'t possible as the chequebook was with the accountants in Mansfield. I asked if the money could simply be transferred to my account by direct debit but was told no. I telephoned everyday as no cheque arrived. The cheque arrived today 19th Dec. It was drawn on 11th December and posted on 12th Dec (Christmas Post) 2nd class. It was sent from their parent lettings company and not from accountants. I now have to wait until after Christmas for it to clear. I was lied to and mislead. I think this is a restrictive practice. Its a way of making you deal only with Accord. I found the property I liked with another agent but didn\'t have all of the deposit as Accord still held my money. I could have been rendered homeless (I have to move on 7th January) if my family hadn\'t transferred money to me. I think Accord\'s mission statement is rubbish and their business practices less than honest. I am making a formal complaint to the Property Services Regulatory Authority.
The agent could have been truthful and honest. The agent wants instant cash from clients but will not reciprocate to the client by making repayments instantly or in a timely manner

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Accord Lettings leamington-spa! To leave a new review of Accord Lettings leamington-spa, please click the link below !
Write a review for Accord Lettings leamington-spa