Dec 18,2012
Dec 18,2012
Well everything went well until they got our money then the pleflora of lies began!!!

WE where made promises that they then made no effort to act on all we got was lip service, constant lies that where either transparent or later proven so following conversations with the land lord.

This company is almost corrupt I expect nothing better when we leave, in all honestly I have never had so many problems
They can\'t they are incompertant
By: elle
Aug 05, 2013
I would just like to add a reassuring comment to those who may be put off by this comment.
I have paid my fees and my excellent customer service has continued. Anything we have had to pay has been explained fully, i.e. exactly what it is, what we will get back when we leave the property etc. We have never been told any lies, they have been completely honest regarding the whole process. I am obviously not denying you received bad service, but am hoping that no one will be put off as the service we (and all of our friends and family) received has been nothing short of first class!
By: Glad it's over
Jan 09, 2013
Our experience with the letting side of this agency has been very similar to your own, they are only interested in you as a tenant until you sign the contact and hand over your cash, once they have that your pretty much made to feel like a hinderence to them. (Even when you help them by asking to fill in the direct debit form because they forgot to give you one and even then didnt process it in time for the first two months rent to be taken and they charge the 13 additional days for admin I believe .... Hmmmm)

Due to them having the monopoly on houses in our area we found we had to use them again after we were evicted from the first property we rented through them (due to the owner not keeping up with the mortgage payments). Not that they even wanted to help relocate us, which to me would make good business sense. During that unsettling time all we got were empty promises of call backs or passed from pillar to post between the Bracknell and Reading branch neither one wanting to offer any advice/information or support. I ended up speaking to the landlords solicitor myself to find out what was going on a week before we were expected to be out (during which time prospect was telling us not to worry the landlord was sorting it and we wouldnt need to leave) and I personally found that unprofessional and insulting and really begrudged approaching them again.

Luckily with our second property we did managed to deal directly with our landlord with any issues or questions we had which made our second tenancy a dream, but only after many weeks of prospect not wanting to share our details with the landlord or vice a versa, obviously because they didn't want to be left out of any thing they could add a charge to.

However our experience of their property management service with our first property was also shocking as these agents charge landlords an arm and a leg for the peace of mind .... However landlords be aware the workman that was sent to us to fix a leaky tap was a cowboy who's firm had to return several times to fix what was in the end a simple washer replacement job.

In your contract as a tenant you are required to have 6 monthly inspections, our very first was 9 months after being in the property, to which we only knew was taking place because of a terse letter received from prospect stating a date and time and the fact that missing this appointment was chargeable. I think this letter may need to be reworded as it can be construed as rude as it does not seem to take into consideration that most people work and can't just take a random day off (for which a whole day is required as the inspection agent never turned up any where between the times prospect state) to meet their dead lines.

I am pleased to say we no longer have any dealings with prospect and advice anyone who is looking to rent through them to be prepared for a rough ride, a great deal of stress and to be treated like a second rate citizen
By: Hilary Tinsley
Dec 19, 2012
At Prospect we take any complaints very seriously and I have spoken with the Manager at our Bracknell branch and he says that he has not any tenants complain to him. I am the Customer Services Manager, so please call me on 0118 979 7774 and my name is Hilary Tinsley, so that I can sort out the issues that you have raised. Posting comments here anonymously, when we are unable to contact you and address the issues is not going to sort things out. Please call me.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Prospect Estate Agency Bracknell! To leave a new review of Prospect Estate Agency Bracknell, please click the link below !
Write a review for Prospect Estate Agency Bracknell