Dec 18,2012
Dec 18,2012
Found a 2 bed property that we really liked so me and my partner decided to take it with the 2 kids. We were first told we would have to pay X amount for application fee, the deposit was £100 more than the rent and we would also have to pay 1 months rent up front, this came to around £1300 which we were willing to pay. We were given a date to move in so we gave 1 months notice on the property we were already in later to be told by Acquire that we couldn\'t move in on that date! When we finally arranged a date we went to get the keys for the property and were told as it was the 16th of the month we would have to pay the remainder of that month and the £550 month up front therefore we ended up trying to scrape together an extra half months rent on top of the £1300 we had already paid. The tenancy ran out in December 2012 but me and my partner wanted to stay until after Christmas at least, as we were told it would become a month rolling contract after that, turns out this was also wrong and we were given a letter saying we had to either pay £100 application fee and commit to another 6 month tenancy or we would be handed our notice. Sure enough we had to move out only to find that our deposit had not been protected even though I had been given a receipt and told it would be protected. When i wen\'t down to the burton branch of acquire I was greeted by a very rude arrogant over weight asian guy with an attitude problem who I assume was responsible for the pathetic excuse of an estate agent. He said that the deposit is protected it turns out there was a computer problem with the company who logged the deposit (TDS) he said he was also taking money out of the deposit for cleaners to clean the apartment when in my opinion wasn\'t needed, he then sarcastically told me to "run along son"!. I then rang back the TDS who told me the deposit had only been logged that day and the manager of acquire was trying to pull the wool over my eyes and that I should take him to court and he would be liable to pay three times the amount of the deposit. Sorry its abit of an essay but I hope people would read this and take my advice to AVOID ACQUIRE PROPERTIES at all costs.
By: Beth
Jan 15, 2014
My deposit wasn't logged with the TDS either, and they wouldn't pay me my deposit back so had to take them to court where they were issued with a CCJ and got a column in the Burton Mail!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Acquire Properties Office 1! To leave a new review of Acquire Properties Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Acquire Properties Office 1