Dec 18,2012
Dec 18,2012
Terrible - AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID.
At all cost avoid these cowboys. Never realised those stories in the press about bad agents could be true. First on all they didn\'t provide a gas safety check - with is a legal requirement - when I asked they told me that they dont normally give those to tenants! when I explained that the law states the tenants must have a copy - they told me they would find it. Then a few days later they arrange for a gas safety check to be done!

charges:
They has incredible high charges for tenants. £95 to check-out. £80 to extend the contract. Other agents are charging £50 checkout and £50 to extend the contract. But dont worry it all listed in the small print of the tenancy agreement.
IF YOU USE THESE GUYS GET A LAWYER TO READ THRU THE AGREEMENT FIRST and then go somewhere else.

even more....
I decide to move out, I happy for them to show people around provide they give notice. They were showing people the flat every other day for 2 weeks. One day I said it was convenient then a get a letter stating they were bring people around anyway - and this was my 24hr written notice. I had call up the actual landlord to tell them off. As Choices thought it was reasonable - "ohh we need to show people around...". Fine! but its my home (until I move out) and I can say no if it not reasonable.

Finally moved out - try to get back ones deposit!
This was the head office - so don\'t imagine its just one of their agents - this is the whole company...
Choices told me to hand the keys back to the inventory clerk on the day after I moved out. Fine - no problem. Then they decide to charge me a days rent because I handed the key back on the day they told me!
I explain the problem, expecting them to say sorry our mistake. NO they tell me to take it to TDS as A DISPUTE!

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Never - they need to learn to be professional, competent and honest.
Attached Files