Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Jul 21,2012
Jul 21,2012
I am writing to make other people aware of this appalling letting agency.

I have just moved in to a property which they are the agency and since day 1 of us moving in they have been absolutely terrible. To begin with, nobody came with us to the property to show us around or to check with us that everything was working as they had claimed that someone from their agency had already been to the flat and had checked everything.
we discovered on day 1 that the boiler was not working. it was flashing with a fault. we called the agency and they said that they recommend that we pressurise the boiler ourselves even though we had no clue what we were doing. in the instructions it says that no person other than someone who is competent must touch the boiler. when i called and explained this to them, the girl who clearly doesnt know the definiton of anything said, competent doesnt mean anything. anyone can fix the boiler. charming, ill just set myself alight while i try and fix the boiler. im a student for goodness sake.
it took the agency a week to actually listen to us, we had no heating and no hot water for that week and i had to physically go into the agency for them to do anything. over the phone they are hopless people.

secondly, they expect us to do fire alarm testing every week. we are all girls and the ceilings are very high as its an old edinburgh flat. they havent provided us with ladders and they said that we should go and buy them and they will reimburse us at a later date. i find that ridiculous and i would like to express that it should be their responsibility to provide us with a ladder so that we can reach the alarms. their reponse when i told them we couldnt reach was :"the previous tenants managed". yes because they used a broom to touch the test button. our battery on the alarm is extremely low now and keeps making a beeping sound and so we need to be able to reach the alarm.

thirdly, i used the washing machine for the first time. literally put in a couple of clothes and machine stops workig mid wash and is full of water and will not do anything. had they check that the machine was working we would not have this issue and because the machine is clearly over 20 years old they have put the machine under our responsilbilty.

there have been numerous other things that have gone wrong in the first month of living at the flat and i have to say it has put me off agencies altogether, steyn letting is an absolute joke and they should be seriously reviewed. their staff attitude is absolutely disgusting. they all seem nice when they know they will be getting money from you but after you have paid your large depposit they are usless.

good luck to anyone who thinks that these people are actually capable of doing their job.
nothing. even when you tell them that they need to be a little helpful the attitude and demeanour is appalling.
By: divinekat
Feb 08, 2013
I had a similar experience. No hot water or heating for a week, I was advised to go online to get the instructions for the boiler and try to work out what the problem was! If you are going to use Steyn lettings then make sure that you are a boiler engineer! It seems that as a tenant, we are at the bottom of the pile for customer service from Steyns. Plus, getting a flat inspection every 3 months is ridiculous. I had a very good reference from my previous landlord and should be allowed to live in a property that I pay for without having someone visit when I am not there.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Steyn Lettings Office 1