Dec 06,2012
Dec 06,2012
We had a nightmare with this letting agents. They were very lovely when we wanted to move in- so helpful. Then when we had a flood from next door they didn\'t want to know. We had bed bugs and lost over £2,500 worth of property. The landlord was hard to track down and the ladies in the office didn\'t want to hear from us. We spent months there getting bitten -myself, my husband and two children. The landlord also owned KFC downstairs and the agent did not try to help us at all. The woman that had set up the original tenancy (Sara) had left the company and had basically lied to us about contacting them for help and being able to leave before the tenancy had ended due to the state of the property.
We were finally able to negotiate leaving the property before the end of the fixed term but only if we agreed not to go to the papers about the bedbugs that were not dealt with for months.
Our deposit was not put in a protection scheme and we lost all of it despite the property that had to be specially destroyed and cost a fortune to dispose of. 20% of the deposit was kept back \'just in case anything went wrong after we left\'. When I chased this up via phone and e-mail, they stopped taking our calls and replying to e-mails.

All in all, the worst experience I have EVER had with a letting agent. I would never deal with this company again and I would not recommend anyone else deal with them. They cost us several thousand pounds and so much stress.
They could have helped us to leave earlier, actually expressed an interest in our situation and sorted out the bedbugs. And returned the deposit or reimbursed us for the thousands of pounds it cost.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Gascoigne Pees Reigate! To leave a new review of Gascoigne Pees Reigate, please click the link below !
Write a review for Gascoigne Pees Reigate