Dec 03,2012
Dec 03,2012
Before I finally moved in I needed a complete list of existing furniture and things, so I could arrange what furniture and machinery I would bring from my last flat and what of it I would move to a temporary storage space. As far as I think the agency had time enough to prepare this (as I also had to pay for an inventory by an external company). But sadly I was being told by Lee Jacobs I couldn\'t get the inventory be email (AFTER my official start of the tenancy, but still some weeks before I could finally move in, because of personal reasons). Also I was told via phone of furniture and stuff that should be in the flat and finally of course wasn\'t.
When I picked up my key at the agency I was very nicely greeted and told by other staff members that OF COURSE I will get my inventory send via email, but just later because of a system change (till that time of course it was too late as I already had a moving company pick up my stuff weeks before that).

When I moved in, the flat was generally clean and in proper order, except a list of around 5-7 small and medium issues that I couldn\'t know of before moving in (all things we agreed on to be handled in the contract, like repaiting some areas, have been done properly though). Nobody was able to promise me that, but I was finally also very glad of been given a new couch by the landlord as the old one really looked ancient.
The open issues consisted of a missing trash can, missing keys for an essential door, a broken extractor fan etc. I\'ve sent all these infos to Lee Jackobs and also to Susan Whitmore via email, though Lee (who showed me the flat in the first place) didn\'t seem to respond to my emails anymore. But Susan did and tried her best I guess for some time to get the issues done. Sadly the communication between the agency, the landlord and myself seemed a bit stuck so I ended up with the contact details of the landlord so I could contact him directly.

I moved in almost 3 months ago and sadly I\'m still stuck with some issues that have to be handled, but of course I know it\'s not only the agency who is responsible for that.

In general the contact with all members of the staff was always nice and polite.

"Would you use the agent again?" - Yes, but that\'s really more depending on the property.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Wright West Hampstead! To leave a new review of Martin & Wright West Hampstead, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Wright West Hampstead