Nov 30,2012
Gavin Bryan
Nov 30,2012
Just don\'t be tempted to use them!

We had read these reviews but were desperate to find somewhere before I started a new job and nothing else was available so we put in an offer on a rental property with a £500 holding deposit. They came back with a counter offer which we accepted...so far so good. We do the reference checks etc and then they ask if we can move in a week earlier, i say no but compromise on a couple days. Then they say the landlord has had another offer that\'s higher than ours...odd considering we have paid a deposit for it to come off the market! I refused to up our offer and then in the final conversation said i no longer wanted to pursue the flat as they tried to haggle more money out of us. The agent says "but we are just negotiating"...well no, the negotiating ended when we accepted your offer...you cant then renegotiate, that\'s not how it works.

Anyway, despite numerous promises to return the deposit, I finally got it one month later after threatening to take them to the small claims court. It was predictable because thats what everyone in these reviews says they had to do!

Also, every other agent was happy with a 12 month contract with a break clause and a £300 holding deposit....whereas here they insist on 18 months with no break clause and a £500 deposit.
Not break the deal we had agreed on and not make me threaten court action to get our deposit back.
Attached Files