Nov 30,2012
By: 'en2012'
Nov 30,2012
On the exterior they act very helpful but when it comes to wanting to rent property, they are deliberately awkward. If you have dealings with them, try to avoid talking to any of the \'Directors\'. The one I spoke to was very condescending and thought he was above people who he didn\'t think were \'well off\'. The other agents seemed alright, the woman showing us around the properties was friendly enough. The \'Lettings negotiator\' was nothing more than a glorified admin assistant. I would avoid using them at all costs. All they care about is how much money they can make from you rather then having good tenants move in to their properties.
They shouldn\'t have judged my circumstances and acting like they were better then me. I am a hard working individual. In this recession it\'s hard to make ends meet - the last thing you need is snooty letting agents talking down at you.
Attached Files
By: Ian
Jan 03, 2018
Remember that a letting agent has a 100% duty to do what is best for the landlord, and as a landlord I am very glad that they demand proof from any possible tenant of ability to pay the rent etc.
Given the current choose of great prospective tenants in Cambridge, I would be disappointed if an agent give me a tenant who is finding it hard to make ends meet".
(Try renting in Camborne or Haverhill where landlords don't have so many tenants to choose between.)

Tylers Estate Agents