Nov 30,2012
Nov 30,2012
Marketed my property with Jacksons after having quotes from 3 local agents.

Once on the market it wasn\'t long before they were on the phone talking about reducing the price and it ended up to me to keep pushing to receive the price I was aiming for (which was lowert than the lowest price they had initially recommended I accept - but I was trying to be realistic).

The first offer I accepted fell through after the buyer failed to get a mortgage (although Jacksons had told me their own broker had checked out the buyers mortgeg offer). To give them credit for something, they managed to find a new buyer (someone who had previously made an offer on the property) within 24 hours, but again they were pushing for me to accept the first offer and it was again up to me to push back and hold out for my negotiated price.

The buyer\'s solicitor ended up being useless (not Jackson\'s fault) and took 10 weeks to raise initial enquiries, but Jacksons\'s approach in dealing with it was completely infuriating:
- I kept being told that because the buyer had a 50% deposit, less legal work would have to be done (blatantly not true);
- I again kept being told that the buyer\'s solicitors didn\'t have any enquiries to make from my solicitor (again, the buyer\'s solicitor was in the process of making enquiries, so blatantly untrue);
- In frustration after 12 weeks of exactly no action, I took my keys back from the agent and remarketed my flat elsewhere and was immediately called by Jacksons telling me the buyer\'s solicitor had tried to exchange contracts (again, somewhat different from the understanding my solicitor had who had not yet answered the enquiries raised the previous day by the buyer\'s solicitors).

And I\'m still awaiting a final resolution one way or the other

A very very frustrating time dealing with Jacksons and the repeated innacuracies / lies in what they were telling me. Every time they phoned, my blood pressure crept up a notch and increased my belief that they didn\'t really know what was going on.
By: Simon A. Scott, Director, Jacksons
Feb 04, 2013
Dear Mark,

My name is Simon A. Scott, a Director of Jacksons Estate Agents. I would very much like to meet with you to discuss in detail the comments you have made in your email. I assure you that I have every intention of trying to get to the bottom of your dissatisfaction whilst showing you that Jacksons is a company who are honest and open, and that you can trust us to do as we say.

It is disturbing to see that you have received the service you allege, and I would appreciate the time to be able to discuss this with you in depth, with the view to trying to help you in whatever way I can.

Simon A. Scott

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Jacksons Independent Estate Agents (London) Office 2! To leave a new review of Jacksons Independent Estate Agents (London) Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Jacksons Independent Estate Agents (London) Office 2

Jacksons Independent Estate Agents (London)

372-374 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield Wandsworth, London