Nov 28,2012
Nov 28,2012
Belvoir Lettings have been a disappointment since before we moved into the property. Not only did they fail to notify us that the freezer was broken when we were looking round the property, and that the landlord was not liable to fix/replace this, we were only made aware of this problem after I queried several clauses on the contract. The problem was only rectified after I made it clear we would not sign anything until the contract was changed and the landlord became responsible for reasonable replacement/upkeep of white goods. After this was changed, it was agreed that the freezer would be replaced, however, this meant that they asked us to wait round for a delivery on the first day of our tenancy when we were supposed to be moving our possessions from our previous properties. I explained to the estate agent that this was not acceptable and the property should be as we intend to live in it on the day of our arrival, I was met with a response by Mr Isaacson\'s associate, Kim, with "I don\'t know what you\'re problem is, why are you making this a problem?". As it so happened, the delivery of the new freezer came before our tenancy began and the house was satisfactory for our arrival. However, other problems came to light which we notified the estate agent about, some in July, some in the progressive months, that Belvoir are still yet to deal with. For example, the damp has gotten so bad that 2 of the 4 bedrooms in the house are uninhabitable (walls are "sweating and the ceiling is dripping where the bed used to be), mould is growing on clothes and food in cupboards. This is all not helped by the fact that the radiators do not work on the top floor and therefore cannot even begin to dry out the walls. Furthermore, the front door does not work sufficiently and we are used to use the back door (of which the handle is very loose and close to falling off) which is accessed through a yard door that is difficult to open and close as the wood hasn\'t been sealed and it swells every time it rains, thus making it ill fitting. This are just some of the problems that Belvoir have neglected to fix and when I brought these problems up on Friday, 23 November I was not contacted until today despite them telling me our case was being dealt with as "a matter of urgency" which I hardly believe considering the amount of time in which they have taken to respond to email detailing I will be contacting their superiors if they continue to ignore these issues.
Something that the agent could\'ve done to change my mind would\'ve been to actually respond with action to issues concerning the property as opposed to placating me with false promises. Do not use Belvoir, they are a terrible agency and will make very little effort to rectify problems.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Belvoir Office 129! To leave a new review of Belvoir Office 129, please click the link below !
Write a review for Belvoir Office 129