Jan 08,2010
Jan 08,2010
Do not use this agency. I've got a million things I could say about them but I will keep it short.

Repairs. Upon moving in boiler was not working... this took 5 weeks to fix. The only reason it got fixed at all was because we were able to find out the direct number of the plumber they use. When we called him after 4 weeks of Duck and Heges saying they were on it he had no prior idea of the problem. Was fixed in a week after we contacted him personally and that was only because that was the waiting time on parts.

For some reason you stupidly sign up with this company check your contract! After spending 3 hours in their office correcting their mistakes... such little things as they were missing 600 pounds we had previously deposited with them. Basically we had already deposited 800 pounds and they only put it in the contract as 200. Luckily we picked up on this and we'd kept the receipt to prove it.

Our break clause was wrong. 9 months instead of 6. We spent a lot of time getting things right only to find after 6 months once we had had enough and wanted to get out that they had only changed the tenant agreement not the contract. So we were still locked in.

I am still waiting on a 955 pound "security deposit" not bond!! That was meant to be paid back after 3 months its now been 8. And if you do have problems don't even bother trying to contact them. You will only get voicemail and you will never get a call back.. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a call back from the owner although calling his office and talking to his staff everyday getting the same response "he will call you today".

I only wish I knew of this website earlier. As for the comments about people only complain if its bad and not if its good.. while that is true they only complain if its bad... if it were ok.. you know acceptable agency.. they wouldn't write anything at all. Good on you to those estate agencies getting good feedback..

Do not deal with this agency unless you are an old man who want someone to complain a lot too. And you don't like your own money in your own pocket.
By: Lucy
Feb 02, 2010
I have had an absolutely terrible experience with Duck and Hedges but I won't go into details here.

Just to let you know - that six month break clause is the law! D&H aren't allowed to do that. We tried challenging them when we first moved in but they wouldn't budge - so we decided to leave it unless we really had to use the 6-month rule. This is because, to be frank, if we get any further grief and stress from them someone in my house will have a coronary.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1! To leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Duck and Hedges Office 1