Nov 27,2012
Nov 27,2012
A series of failures in communication from Ludlow Thompson.

Having agreed to move in, subject to a series of conditions (e.g. that items would be fixed and the property fully cleaned), we were given a series of forms for referencing. However, Ludlow Thompson failed to send all the relevant documentation to my partner in time - causing enormous inconvenience and potentially delaying the move in - and refused to accept responsibility for this.

After finally resolving the referencing issues, we were given the keys on the Friday to move in on the Sunday. Ludlow Thompson assured us that the property was ready and that the conditions had been met. When we arrived on the Sunday, we found the property in a state of disrepair and uncleaned with the landlord carrying out some work. The landlord seemed unaware that we were moving in that day. It turns out that when Ludlow Thompson assured us the property was ready, they had failed to inspect it (and did not do so until several weeks after we\'d moved in).

Having lived through several months of Ludlow Thompson not responding or very slowly responding to issues with the property that they were managing (emails bouncing, etc), we had a gas leak on 1 January 2012 as a result of work that had taken place a few days earlier. When I called the Ludlow Thompson emergency line they told us that they\'d stopped managing the property the day before and so would not be able to help.

We received no advance notice that Ludlow Thompson would stop managing the property. We also received no advance notice that we should pay the landlord directly rather than through the agency. It was only after I called to check several weeks later that they told me.

In short, our experience has been one of maladministration, poor communications and incompetence on the part of Ludlow Thompson.

I strongly suggest potential tenants avoid their services.
The agent could have sent letters, emails or made phone calls to explain the changes to our flat\'s status, and they should have sent the relevant reference forms in time to my partner.
By: Tony
Dec 17, 2012
I am so pleased (in a perverse way) of reading that I'm not the only one to have found them beyond useless! Their property management team is indeed dire. They NEVER know what they are talking about, they NEVER phone back with an update when asked to and when they actually have the information to update me with, they are SO SLOW at contacting the landlord, they DON'T ever forward our requests, they IGNORE messages and then pretend NOTHING was ever agreed and even imply that YOU are lying when you say something was agreed be to be done prior to moving in. Basically, the WORST estate agents I have EVER encountered, and I have rented for 10 years from many estate agents in London and around the country, from small estate agents to large national chains. AVOID them like the plague!!!!!
By: Bea
Dec 01, 2012
This is exactly in line with my entire experience of ludlow thompson. Their property management division is absolutely unfit for purpose. Useless is flattery, they actively lie and neglect their responsibilities. The worst estate agent I have ever encountered. I will be encouraging everyone I know to stay away from them.
Nov 30, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the service provided by

We would really like the opportunity to investigate the issues you have raised further and get these resolved for you. Please can we ask you to contact

Kind regards

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Finsbury Park