Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Nov 19,2012
Nov 19,2012
I stayed in a flat let by Alba for a very brief period at the start of the year. One week into our lease a storm badly damaged the roof and our living, dining and utility area were flooded badly. We came home to a bomb site, unable to have lights or heating on as water was streaming over the fixtures. We could not get hold of anyone from alba and were left for the night. First thing next day we contacted them but they failed to do ANYTHING as they couldn\'t get hold of the landlord for the whole day. We had to stay in a hotel that night as they failed to offer us other accomodation in time for us to reach them before they closed. No one stayed behind to give us keys.

What followed was a farce and includes the following: we were told the property was watertight only to be told it actually wasn\'t and never could be without proper work done once it started to rain again, the second time it flooded we were offered a literal crime scene (murder near the block two days before) in a dodgy area and £100 less pm than our own place as alternative accom without any photos to go on and no idea how long we would be there for, when we refused we were told that Alba had done all they had to do legally, 3 weeks and only 1 quote for the job (landlord declined due to price), told we could get a months free rent which changed to Febuary being free when we had to move out in January, when we pressed we were eventually given two weeks rent back, when it flooded the second time we had to stay for 2 nights in a hotel since we didn\'t agree to crime scene property without photos and not enough time to view and move our belongings as it was late on a Friday afternoon (no refund given), at one point left in a pub with our belongings with nowhere to stay as no one from Alba bothered to work a minute past closing time to help us, eventually told it might take months for the work to be done and that we should find a new place. At this point we were living with my mother outside of town as the flat was freezing and damp and was making us ill.

So many expenses were incurred during this including hotel bills, travel, food, belongings, new agency fees, moving services etc etc. Not to mention the health issues we suffered from our living conditions and the constant stress. From Alba we received some money for the towels that were damaged and the excess on our home insurance. After much pressing and complaining were given two weeks rent back.

Please decide from this if you want Alba to be your fallback in an emergency.
By: Mark Hastie
Nov 29, 2012
Hi there Oselle, I believe I remember dealing with you both at the time, and I know specifically which property you were in. I do appreciate what happened to you was very unfortunate (and extremely rare!) but I think you are apportioning a great deal of the blame to us as the agent, for what happened to you. Firstly we have a 24 hour maintenance answerphone service, however you will find it very difficult to get someone to attend to a roof leak out of office hours. We are limited in what we can do to help you in a situation like this, and we had no other properties available under our management at that time, to accommodate you in. The alternative property we offered you was in Tollcross, and is a central well respected location, however you are right there had been a recorded crime incident there at that point. This is not to say the area is bad, it was just one incident, and properties advertised in Tollcross tend to fly off the market, due to its convenient location and popularity with all types of tenants. I seem to recall one of you were studying for exams, and didn't want the hassle of moving either, so in fact chose to stay at the property which was affected by the roof leak, as it was more convenient than actually moving out, so chose to wait and see how quickly the landlord could get the work done (not a quick fix as the work would be hugely expensive I'm sure you can appreciate). We done our best by offering you alternative accommodation which you refused, you then decided to move to your parents, and we offered you money back for towels you said you'd used to mop up the water ingress, two weeks' rent plus a full month's rent which the landlord agreed not to charge you, even though you decided to stay there. This I feel is a bit of an injustice to be fair, marking us this low, even though you were offered all the help we could feasibly give you at that time. I hope you're happy in your new home. Kind regards, Mark.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Alba Residential Edinburgh! To leave a new review of Alba Residential Edinburgh, please click the link below !
Write a review for Alba Residential Edinburgh