Nov 15,2012
Nov 15,2012
By far and away the worse treatment from a letting agents I have experienced in over 10 years

After viewing a property and authorising payment of £200 holding deposit the agent then informed me of a minimum guarantors income of £20,000 which had not been previously mentioned. In conversation the following day the same agent recalculated the Guarantors fee for £2,500 more than the previous day, making it £22,500. He also told me that if the guarantor fails to meet the requirements I will be deemed to be pulling out and lose my fee. He then encouraged me to use a joint Guarantor even though he had also previously said that would not be accepted, which head office also agree with, which makes it look like he was purposely attempting to make the check fail so Haart could keep my money.

In attempting to resolve the situation the manager will not call back, despite repeated assurances from branch staff he will. I will update on this issue either on refund of the holding fee, or outcome from a Small claims court.
see what is said in the review section. Basically made me aware of all accurate fees and requirements before encouraging me to sign any agreement.
Attached Files