Nov 13,2012
Nov 13,2012
Myself and my flat mate approached Enfields Bournemouth as students looking for furnished student properties, details of which they were aware. We looked around a flat and liked it although the rent was pretty steep so took it on, after asking important questions like is it furnished? And in fact the guy that showed me round told me what furniture would and wouldn\'t be there. It came to move in date, I had to return to Enfields three times because they kept giving me the wrong keys. We then returned to Enfields with a list of problems because the flat was in a pretty poor condition and they said they would contact the landlords but didn\'t. Eventually we emailed the landlords ourselves and they told us that in fact the flat was an unfurnished property, why students would get an unfurnished property I do not know, so we returned to Enfields, Lisa Thomas in fact, and they changed their story and accused me of lying. The landlords were helpful and sorted things out as best they could and we moved in. We were in the flat on a bank holiday weekend when the electricity cut out so, assuming this was due to a power cut because I had no reason to think other wise, I called the electric company and was told that the property was on an electricity meter, a detail Enfields had forgotten to pass on when showing us around the flat, and since we didn\'t have a key had to pay a £68 call out charge that we can\'t afford. Tried to argue that it wasn\'t our fault and again Lisa called us liars and completely made up their side of the story as well as threatening us with solicitors. Apparently we should have contacted the landlords, not the electricity company but firstly Lisa had given us the wrong contact details for the landlord, and secondly, as mentioned before we had absolutely no reason to think that it was on a meter since the meter was located outside in the forecourt of the garage next door. We have also had other problems that they have failed to sort out for us. All in all it has been an awful experience, I would never go with them again, I would never recommend them to anyone and I can\'t wait to end the contract with them.
Employ people that don\'t lie
By: Jonathon
Nov 14, 2012
I have read your review and I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding the service you have received from Enfields.
I agree as a letting agent it is imperative that we advertise properties accordingly. On this occasion I can confirm that your flat was and has never been advertised as a ’furnished’ property and I am sorry that you have assumed otherwise. The existing furniture that was in the property was inherited from previous students that were happy to rent the flat unfurnished. Our office had offered assistance in helping the tenants from the previous year purchase furniture within the property and you were made fully aware of what items the previous tenants were intending to leave behind during the initial viewing as mentioned in your review. In this instance I am satisfied that you were not misled regarding furnishings within the property.
I am surprised by a number of your other comments as we are not and have never been a managing agent for your landlord. Your particular landlord instructed Enfields as a ‘tenant find’ agent only where our responsibilities include locating a tenant, conducting referencing and the drawing up of a tenancy agreement so we have had little or no involvement with you beyond this. When moving into the property you were informed that we were not the managing agent and you were supplied with a welcome letter reconfirming your landlord’s name, contact details and how to contact them directly if you had any queries regarding the property. These contact details were supplied to us by the landlord and after reviewing the letter you were given all the information supplied to you was correct. I must stress that Enfields had not been given instructions by your landlord to conduct an inventory, check in/check out, take meter readings or deal with any maintenance issues.
Once you notified us that you were experiencing a few problems we attempted to contact the landlord on your behalf as well as supply you with an alternative contact number for your landlord’s assistant. Despite not having authority to do anything further our office continued to assist you in contacting the landlord and we were successful in helping to arrange for a local contractor to visit you at your property. The action we took in this instance was beyond our contracted responsibility with the landlord which we had made in an effort to help you.
You also make reference to an issue involving a black out during a bank holiday weekend. I appreciate this must of been worrying for you and you took action in calling out the electricity board. When involved with properties managed by Enfields we take meter readings, supply inventory reports and transfer utility providers from one tenant to another. We also supply tenants with a 24 hour emergency number where we can assist with such queries. Although I appreciate it is frustrating that you have incurred a call out charge you were supplied with the landlords contact details and directed to contact them for reasons such as this. When you contacted Enfields and advised that you had called the electricity board you informed us this was due to misplacing the landlords contact details. You also refer to not being informed that there was an electric meter during the initial viewing of this property. This type of information is not something that we would supply at this time as it could be subject to change before you move in.
I can confirm at no point has Lisa Thomas or any other representatives of Enfields suggested that you are lying nor have we ever threatened you with solicitors.
Following your comments in your review I would re-iterate that you do not have a contract with Enfields and we have fulfilled our contractual arrangement with the landlord but I am more than happy to talk to you directly in relation to any previous or outstanding issues you may have regarding the property and pass these on.

Kindest Regards

Jonathon Thomas

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Enfields Estate Agents Winton! To leave a new review of Enfields Estate Agents Winton, please click the link below !
Write a review for Enfields Estate Agents Winton