Nov 10,2012
Nov 10,2012
I dealt with 3 people: Laura West, Wesley Ellis and George Wimpenny.
I am so very unsatisfied with their service, and recommend people, mainly if they\'re not english, to not deal with them. First of all, I liked a flat with them, told them to pay the deposit straight away, they said of course and lied to me saying "don\'t worry the flat is yours, go and have a coffee for an hour while we do something else, we\'ll call you", made me wait for an hour and then discover, by popping up at the agency since I never got a call back, that they (agency and landlord) were deciding between me and another possible tenant without saying it to me or giving me the opportunity to raise my offer. I will skip other details like that they made me believe it was the landlord\'s choice, when the agency could actually make the choice on behalf of the landlord depending on my offer. Struggled with them, raised my offer and got the flat (paid deposit), went home (abroad) and sent all the references they required to me, in order to sign the tenancy agreement, within 24h (I had 5 working days), the next 4 working days they were requiring me a new different thing every day, like if they didn\'t rely on me, just to tell me, at the very last 5th day, that the landlord had changed his mind and would give the flat to a, literally, "bussiness colleague" of his and they could do nothing, and offered me another flat.
Once I moved into another flat, what a surprise to find out, by walking down the street of the first flat, that a person LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE THE OTHER POSSIBLE TENANT for the first flat, appeared through the window of that flat. Not at all a "bussiness colleague", but exactly an oriental student girl. Not a coincidence to say that oriental people are kind to pay for a whole year in advance to get a flat, and maybe the landlord and agency (for the greater fee they get) wanted her more. But they had me struggling with them at the agency for 3 hours, so having me not visiting any other flats, finally said yes to me, which at the end was a no, and moreover they lied about the reason why I was not finally getting the flat.
At the end I got another flat with them, because I was not in the country anymore, needed a flat urgently, and it was the only one else I liked among all the ones I visited, would have been crazier to pick up a flat by only pictures, so I had no much choice. But if I had been in London, I swear I would have never got a flat with this agency after all this.
To resume, a very bad treatment, full of lies and obscure reasons hidden to the client (me). Maybe because I\'m not english? Maybe they just treat everyone like this? Who knows. And now they just send me an email full of kind words so that I fill this review in positive for them..... No words.
Thank you.
I would like the agency to know all the above I wrote.
By: Fletch
Nov 16, 2012
Totally agree, they are really bad. Especially the camden office

Michael Kennedy is an the worst property manager i have ever come across.

He always find a lot of excuses not to send man to repair the flat.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Portico Bloomsbury! To leave a new review of Portico Bloomsbury, please click the link below !
Write a review for Portico Bloomsbury